Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At this point I am going cross-eyed searching the far reaches of the Internet for paint code information. My local supplier says no to everything I ask: PPG ALF716 is not available and Dupont 8776 comes up as a late model non-Alfa Silver Pearl.

Are they any other codes to try? Or someone in Austin, TX with a graphite grey car we could match? ;) EDIT: or paint chips?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
For some odd reason getting a correct match these days is a habhazard endeavor. I have the factory color chip and a hood with the correct color and I had better success having the color matched. I also have a customer car on site and his graphite grey does not even come close. If you happen to be in the Dallas Area I could help you with a sample. Better yet, I used English Color Supply where I can drop the information and they can send it to you. I used PPG Concept Single stage paint.

Lionel

972-849-6306
Auto Italia Sportiva | Sharing my passion for Alfa Romeo restoration, and metal, fabrication.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, that might work! We're in Austin, but there's an English Color Supply here. A PPG rep is going to come by tomorrow and see what he can come up with. I'll let you know what happens. Thank you!

·
Registered
435 Posts
AR716

Oh, that might work! We're in Austin, but there's an English Color Supply here. A PPG rep is going to come by tomorrow and see what he can come up with. I'll let you know what happens. Thank you!
I had my car painted in AR716 or Grigio Graffite but the paint came from Glasurit. some paint shops use a particular brand and will not use others but the color is available. my car was done 3 years ago.

Mike V

Attachments

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
My Duetto is 716 Graphite. I love it.

When it was painted several years ago, they used some untouched original metal out of the sun / inside the car to test match. They made about half a dozen attempts until we were all satisfied with the match in different kinds of light and sunlight.

But they never told me what it was so I have no record of the paint type or exact color.

I sometimes call it "asphalt grey" - blends into the road, so be careful at dusk and make sure they see you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts