Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a great video showing the all out battle between a AR GTA vs. a Porsche 356 at the historic european Zandvoort track. This must of been a classic duel between the two cars back in the mid to late 60's for the ETCC manufactures championships.

YouTube - Alfa Romeo Guilia Sprint vs Porsche 356

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Nice video, but it ain't no GTA but a Giulia Sprint GT.

Also, GTA's during the early years usually ran against 2 liter 911's in Group 2, not against 356's as they were already an old car by the time the GTA arrived. GTA's did well against the 911's (which were in the capacity class above), especially on windy tracks and in the rain.

Here is a great video showing the all out battle between a AR GTA vs. a Porsche 356 at the historic european Zandvoort track. This must of been a classic duel between the two cars back in the mid to late 60's for the ETCC manufactures championships.

YouTube - Alfa Romeo Guilia Sprint vs Porsche 356

·
Registered
318 Posts
Man, that was fun to watch! Sorta wished I had bought the 356B when I had the chance. It was sweet, but the drum brakes just weren't my style. Now, if it was a 356C...hmmm.

·
Registered
748 Posts
back in the day, how well did the stepnose 1600s go in their classes and against what opposition did they race against?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts