Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I'm living in Switzerland and I'm the owner of a Giulia 1300 Super from 1972 that I'm currently restoring. I would like to repaint it in AR 818 Bruno Fondo but would like to find a picture of a giulia with this particular color. Could anyone help me ? Thanks for your help .... and sorry for my poor English :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hello,

absolutely no answer to my request ? Doesn't have someone a picture of an giulia painted bruno fondo ? Is that so unusual ?

Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
21,359 Posts
A big percentage of the folks on this forum are in the US, and we didn't get all that many colors on our Alfas, and we didn't get Supers at all iin 1972, so this doesn't really surprise me. What kind of color is it?
Andrew

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello,

It's a dark maroon. I'm sure to have seen a picture of a Giulia GT on your forum, but I'm unable to find it again

·
Premium Member
21,359 Posts
The maroons that came to the US, as far as I know, were faggio and rosso amaranto. Those are 2000 Berlina-era colors (1972), and I don't know if they had the same names on the US Supers, importation of which ended in 1967. There are some maroon Supers in the US, but not a ton. Lots of maroon Berlinas here.

Andrew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts