Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently posted the following summary on a car that was seized and then sold at a customs auction in 1969 Yugoslavia:

barchetta.cc/English/all.alfa.romeo/summary/613377.htm

Since there are open questions, we invite feedback from anyone who might have insight into those Italian registrations cited, as well as the supposed previous Italian owner and/or the (failed) importer.

(Sorry, tried to post a "link" and include a photo - but neither is permitted by the site).

Attachments

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
First let me say that this is the first time I hear of this information but I make the following observations based on this info as if true.

The link, Frank Ford provides leads to a picture of the fire wall where can be seen what appears to be a misaligned serial number for 613377. There is also some information about 613377. There is also a photo of an A.C.I. sticker, 29934 SO for GTA 613637, said to have be found on/in 613377.

Frank should post the information and picture here, if possible

My simple mind thinks it possible,

1- as 613637 was reported stolen (according to Alleggerita 2) on July 17, 1968 and 613377 was confiscated by Yugoslavian Customs in 1968 for lack of official documents (according to Barchetta) and

2- as the ACI sticker was found on/in with a differing chassis number, and

3- as there is a misaligned serial number stamping, that

some thing is amiss

Tabucchi, in Alfa Romeo GTA "leggera" e vincente, 2009 indicates both serial numbers were built.

Alleggerita 2 does not list 613377 but does have entries for 613637.

FWIW

Ken

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ken,

yes, your thoughts are of course the theory we'd like to either firm up (or eliminate).

Since the papers presented to Yugoslavian customs referenced Roma registration 825610, and Maurizio Jacoangeli, it would help if someone knew if either that individual or that registration was ever tied to that chassis - or knew that it was definitely not.

If not, then maybe someone knows that chassis to have been sold/registered - and to whom?

The next clue is the engine number - can it be tied to a chassis?

Finally is anything known about the failed importer "N. Makarov"?

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Hi Ken,

yes, your thoughts are of course the theory we'd like to either firm up (or eliminate).

Since the papers presented to Yugoslavian customs referenced Roma registration 825610, and Maurizio Jacoangeli, it would help if someone knew if either that individual or that registration was ever tied to that chassis - or knew that it was definitely not.

If not, then maybe someone knows that chassis to have been sold/registered - and to whom?

The next clue is the engine number - can it be tied to a chassis?

Finally is anything known about the failed importer "N. Makarov"?
The Authors of Alleggerita 2 have extensive ACI paperwork as I understand it and may be able comment.

I also note that the controversial Vladimir Pajevic, who is on this BB under one name or another, may have been associated with the GTA in question, 613377, and has copy righted at least 2 of the pictures on Barchetta. Perhaps he is the author of some if not all of the 613377 story???

As far as I know, engines numbers cannot generally be tied to chassis numbers. There are a few exceptions where the Auto Delta PROVA sheets are in existence and where the original engine is known to still be in the chassis.

Frank I am sending you a PM.

Regards

Ken

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Ken,

yes, as you saw, we do show Vladimir Pajevic as the person who purchased and registered the car in question. It is my understanding that he also owned various cars subsequently and (decades ago) was active in the racing circle for a while.

I wouldn't know anything about his participation on this bulletin board, and how it had been received by others.

At Barchetta we generally list information about a car under the chassis number that it is known for. This way, if someone ever was searching the web for that chassis number, they would have notice that there are some pending questions they might choose to either consider or disregard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
AR 613637 "SO 29934" Osvaldo Marchesi

Well, at least we have found support that Marchesi did indeed race 613637 at the Coppa Calegna in March 66, using the registration in question "SO 29934":
www . Anamera.com/en/editorial/article/news/collectors-corner-alfa-romeo-giulia-sprint-1600-gta-raced-in-1966-part-i-jan-may/index.html

There is even a photo in "GTA Leggera e Vincente".

Can't find the car or the driver in the other 1966 races on that list.

(PS: Sorry for breaking the link, but this board won't let me post any "references" to my sources)

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Well, at least we have found support that Marchesi did indeed race 613637 at the Coppa Calegna in March 66, using the registration in question "SO 29934":
www . Anamera.com/en/editorial/article/news/collectors-corner-alfa-romeo-giulia-sprint-1600-gta-raced-in-1966-part-i-jan-may/index.html

There is even a photo in "GTA Leggera e Vincente".

Can't find the car or the driver in the other 1966 races on that list.

(PS: Sorry for breaking the link, but this board won't let me post any "references" to my sources)
Hello Frank, in looking at the 3 pages of 1966 GTA race results I note, with regard to the 1966 Trans Am events a number of gaps and a few errors. We should work to get those corrected.

pages start here Collectors Corner ... (66/I) Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint 1600 GTA raced in 1966 Part I Jan - May: Anamera[backPid]=226&cHash=19f80b6853

second page click above right side.

Regards

Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts