Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Montreal friends, I desperately need this color to start producing the paint.

Anybody have a large color sample, or formulation, or....

thank you!

Regards, Alberto

·
Registered
720 Posts
Alberto!
Seeing as how I told you what the paint color looked like, I will try to get you a sample plate formulated and sprayed up for you. I cannot send you paint, but a Color Chip could work. You will have to wait, it's not an overnight job....! Will let you know.
Karl

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Karl, that would be heavenly. No rush at all, and possibly in 8x10 size.

Also please advise as what color primer ought to be used.

Thank you!

Kind regards, Alberto

·
Registered
64 Posts
A few months ago my auto painter recommended I go to TCP Global to get supplies and paint. My wife and I went, I asked about getting the original green for the car and the fella said he'd go in the back and look for the original color chip. Original?!?! 20 minutes later he hands me the ORIGINAL color chart! He then invites us into the back of the warehouse where "The Museum" is located and we unexpectedly met Jim “Jimmy Chips” Wells who runs TCP Global’s Auto Color Library. The color chip museum is absolutely amazing! I was looking for Verde 4917M.....found it! Please look at my lousy pictures below. Speak to Jimmy. Tell him "Johnny from Brooklyn" sent you!

Go to their website at https://www.autocolorlibrary.com/

But first read this article: https://www.hotrod.com/articles/how-to-get-a-perfect-paint-match-for-your-pontiac/

Their here in San Diego. No need for any further looking around!

Enjoy,

Johnny Pergolizzi

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Johnny,
Thank you very much for the great connection, brilliant resource!

Kind regards, Alberto

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hello Montreal friends, I desperately need this color to start producing the paint.

Anybody have a large color sample, or formulation, or....

thank you!

Regards, Alberto
Hello Alberto. my car original color is AR602 and after restoration it was completely painted in early 2018. Taking the original Standox codes we developed a PPG tricolor code. It is what you want? Remember it´s not only a matter of geting the right code. This color is very complex to handle during the painting process and after.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Ed, I love a challenge, albeit I am not very clear about the various processes. The car looks great!

I am basically interested in making the car look as it left the factory, but open to suggestions.

Kind regards, Alberto

·
Registered
144 Posts
Alberto, the AR602 Standox Basislack formula contains 4 components that form the base, effect plus the gloss. You can get this information at Alfacampionatocolori.pdf free available in the internet. If you are using a paint shop like the one indicated by Pergolizzi they will be able to do that in minutes. Again, needs to be perfectly painted by professionals because they will need to play with base and effect. Pictures and painted chips will not get you there. Attached some samples I developed with my paint shop playing with Standox, Dupont and PPG formulas.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dear Ed,

Thank you for the link. Is your lovely result exact to factory specs?

Also, Alfacampionatocolori, is nowhere to be found...

Regards, Alberto

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
X

No Alberto. There are a few boxes that are actually ads taking you to software downloads. You need to scroll down past where the PDF window showing the doc appears, then click on a very subtle appearing "download". Then you'll have to check a box that says "I am not a robot".

If I get to my laptop later tonight, I'll try to post a screenshot of what I mean. Or I can just download the PDF and email it to you.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Dear Ed,

Thank you for the link. Is your lovely result exact to factory specs?

Also, Alfacampionatocolori, is nowhere to be found...

Regards, Alberto
Alberto, I am not a painting expert but I tried to do the best color conversion I could with the products and suppliers available. The end result was impressive but I don´t know if matches the original factory specs. Frankly I have never seen an original AR602 car in my life, but I spent 2 years searching for the right color through pictures from original and restored cars.

I hope you get the Campionato Colori manual in the link provided by malex, otherwise I can send you by mail.

·
Registered
149 Posts
No Alberto. There are a few boxes that are actually ads taking you to software downloads. You need to scroll down past where the PDF window showing the doc appears, then click on a very subtle appearing "download". Then you'll have to check a box that says "I am not a robot".

If I get to my laptop later tonight, I'll try to post a screenshot of what I mean. Or I can just download the PDF and email it to you.
Alberto -

I just emailed the PDF to you. Let me know when you get it.

Mark

1 - 15 of 15 Posts