on rocker for 2600 Touring

I am going to make new reproductions

rgds Franco

Attachments

·
Push hard and live
10,440 Posts
Franco,

The ends of the items in the above picture do not match all of the 2000 side trims that I have seen. Whether the trim is for the US spec or Euro spec, the ends are formed as "chisels" with no rounded corner. The only exception are for the Euro spec where the upper piece crosses the door, and the ends are more square rather than pointed as in a chisel. In any case, the curved corner looks like a 2600 shape to me.

·
Registered
9,554 Posts
In any case, the curved corner looks like a 2600 shape to me.
...which may be the reason why Franco mentions "2600" both in the message body and title of his post. :D

·
Push hard and live
10,440 Posts
Hmmmm. I must be hallucinating. I was sure he listed only the 2000 when I first looked at the listing. Oh well. There's always someone to set us straight.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
reading Dons description of his side spears,i looked at mine that came off of my 2600 spider and am thinking these may not be correct,they are like a chisel at the ends like Don said. answer anyone. thanks chris

·
Push hard and live
10,440 Posts
Chris,

All of the 102 side trim I've seen has a trapezoidal cross section. Yours appears to be a triangular cross section. I've not seen your version on either a 102 or 106, but I hesitate to claim yours are incorrect for either, given the tendency toward odd exceptions from both Alfa and Touring.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
hi Don,its possible some past owner found these spears from something else,and fitted them to the car as I found part of a metal ice cream sign used as wing repair!,i have not fitted the spears back to the car yet,may think about Franco"s post saying he is making them,but trying to cut the spending at present. thanks chris

·
Registered
9,554 Posts
FYI, some more pictures of what the ends of 2600 Spider side spears look like can be found in this thread.

·
Push hard and live
10,440 Posts
If anyone needs them, I have extra short pieces for the side of a 2000. No long, lower pieces.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
hi gasoline,just checked your pictures and your right its clear that's the trims I have,never knew they were not original,oh well I wont worry too much. thanks for info. chris

1 - 16 of 16 Posts