Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Out of the office!
11,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took last week off to work on the car. I got the doors and trunk lid on without scratching any paint. The scariest part is getting the torsion bars attached and in place. They are pretty tough to pull on and get into place. If they slip out of your hands you can bust a knuckle. Or, worse even scratch the paint. :eek:

Attachments

·
Out of the office!
11,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
3,543 Posts
Osso,

Congratulations!....You have certified yourself as a 10th degree automotive fanatic; sacrificing flesh in order to prevent damage to the car. And a GREAT car it is!!!

ossodiseppia said:
I took last week off to work on the car. I got the doors and trunk lid on without scratching any paint. The scariest part is getting the torsion bars attached and in place. They are pretty tough to pull on and get into place. If they slip out of your hands you can bust a knuckle. Or, worse even scratch the paint. :eek:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Osso, if God were restoring an Alfa Romeo, it would be almost as good as this one!

·
Senior TEXAS member
1,526 Posts
Osso,
What an amazing creation you have there!
Thank you for showing all of us how we could do the same, at home, ourselves (with help), with just a lot of time and even more money.
But what you will have when finished is more than the sum of its parts.
I hope to meet you and experience your car in person some day.

One small question:
Did you remake the original wiring harness, or is it newly made?

Once again, Thank you for doing such a beautiful job.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Osso:

I can soooooo relate to what you are up to. I am at almost exactly the same stage on my 1961 2000 restoration and a huge fear is scratching the paint. I am also doing a driver level refurb on my Father in Law's Triumph TR-3 and have managed to knick the paint on it 5 times already installing stuff.

Your car will be just awesome when it is done. Can't wait to see it someday.

Arno Leskinen
AROC-USA National Concours Chair

·
Registered
194 Posts
Osso,

I'm just glad that your Duetto is thousands of miles from mine. A side-by-side comparison would be very embarrassing for me!

Really spectacular work. Keep the posts coming!

Alex

·
Out of the office!
11,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
3,543 Posts
Arno,

Where are the pictures of your Alfa restoration?. C'mon, let's see something please!.

Touringspider said:
Osso:

I can soooooo relate to what you are up to. I am at almost exactly the same stage on my 1961 2000 restoration and a huge fear is scratching the paint. I am also doing a driver level refurb on my Father in Law's Triumph TR-3 and have managed to knick the paint on it 5 times already installing stuff.

Your car will be just awesome when it is done. Can't wait to see it someday.

Arno Leskinen
AROC-USA National Concours Chair

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Osso, looks awesome...great job!

·
Registered
11,678 Posts
Just awesome ... and you must be like a pig in mud at the moment (ie. really enjoying yourself).

I guess if you do scratch any paint ... a touch up with a little paint brush would work ??? ... as long as it is not in the middle of a major panel :eek:

Pete

·
Registered
498 Posts
Osso I am speechless , what you are doing requires not only dedication but a clear mind loads of patience and skill , I take a bow or a standing ovation , if you like , to your work.
Keep us informed.
Takis.

·
Registered
193 Posts
restoration tips

Osso,
Great job. I have a few questions you may be able to help me.I am restoring my 1969 spider.
1) Did you use semi-gloss black or gloss black when you powdercoated the suspension etc..?
2) Did you replace the metal brake lines with stainless ? what would you reccomend?
Thanks,
Steve

·
Out of the office!
11,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Stavri said:
1) Did you use semi-gloss black or gloss black when you powdercoated the suspension etc..?
I used what is called 40% black. I don't think they use the terms flat or gloss.

Stavri said:
2) Did you replace the metal brake lines with stainless ? what would you reccomend?
I got straight pieces from NAPA in various lengths. They were cut to length and flared. I didn't use stainless.

Bill77 said:
Me thinks the BB is anxious for an update from Osso's garage! :cool:
Sorry, Bill, there is no update. I've been tied up with some family issues. I hope to resume next year. Thanks for asking, though.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
ossodiseppia said:
Sorry, Bill, there is no update. I've been tied up with some family issues. I hope to resume next year. Thanks for asking, though.
I can relate. Progress comes in spurts. The summer weather is too nice to spend in the garage, anyways.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts