Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Anyone willing to come over and help me with a potentially bad problem? GTV6 related.

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  chairmankaga 
#1 ·
See this thread - http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfetta-gtv6-1972-1986/392658-please-tell-me-isnt-bad-i-think.html

I could really use some help. This problem is beyond my current level of knowledge and skill. I'd like to avoid towing it somewhere. IN fact my wife is rather adamant I don't. knowing it's probably a several-thousand dollar job at current book rates.

I'm able to take off a day or two from work if a weekday is more convenient. Otherwise any Saturday or Sunday is OK.

Anyone willing to help out? I'll supply some beer and BBQ, or whatever your poison. I can't really pay a cash fee though. I just want to lear more about how to fix this car's inevitable problems and get it back on the road.

#2 ·
SO I fixed the problem on my own, and learned much in the process.

Now I'm just wondering if some kind soul who knows the Busso might be willing to drop by for an hour or so over the weekend and help me resolve a couple of issues. Mainly the rich running. I don't know if it's a leaky injector or something else, but I can't get the O2 signal to .45v average. It's bouncing around the .6v range, even with the bypass screw all the way up.

A few other odd noises that I can't decide is knock or driveshaft.

Anyone? Bueller?

I'd be willing to pay an actual mechanic an hourly rate. I just wanna get the car inspected and on the road for the spring!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.