Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone turbo'd a nord engine in a Bertone.

I cant get the idea of turbo'ing my little 1300 engine out of my head.

something about little turbo'd italian engines just = fun fun fun.

I luv my little revvy 1300 engine, & dont want to go down the age old route of 2.0 conversion, or TS conversion.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
May help to read my threads on twincharging, lots of info in there on costs etc. Or you can Pm me, more than happy to spec up a system for you. The 1300 could be a very exciting package indeed. Nice fat liners I suspect, so that's a great start.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did. When I was 18 years old I bought a bertone 1300 junior project. 5 months later the car was perfect and very fast. stock Turbo 1800 engine + Squadra Tuning chiptuning (holland)

Stock tranny and stock rear axle (10/43 with new lsd) and it worked out well!

At the highway it was faster than a Subaru Impreza STi !

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm not sure why it's not a little more popular, as it looks like the most cost effective means of getting a solid performance increase from these motors. It's something I might contemplate when I eventually get my 1750 back on the road, if I find the performance lacking.

Something like Garrett's smallest ball bearing turbo running 10 or so psi would likely give a nice responsive approx 200 hp engine, which is probably about enough in the 105 chassis, and within the limits of the gearbox & diff.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Im starting the 75 america 1.8 turbo swap. But theres not to much info. I cant seem to find a thread about this in english, portuguese, french or spanish!!
Can anyone help?:confused1:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts