Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone was running the HSR-West/VSCCA event at Laguna Seca at the end of the month. I'll be there driving in my first vintage race. It looks like the small bore class is going to be a very fast group.

Will

·
Registered
789 Posts
I'll be there Will, trying to get gtv wrapped up,but may not make it

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, I hope to see you there. I know Gary Kuntz will be there. The small bore class is going to be fast. I know of 14 Datsuns running, 11 510s, and 3 Roadsters. The three roadsters should have a good battle going. The other two guys have way more track time than I have, but I have more power. My car is however heavier (I still have door windows, and a windshield) than both the other 2. My friend Ron Carter from San Diego has the most done to his car, but he outweighs me by a good 100 lbs (negating the lighter weight of his car.) My friend Tim has the least amount of power but is the best driver (former Formula Atlantic driver along with other things fast) and he has the lightest car.

Steve Link's 510 is just stupid fast (It ought to be since his dad was one of the original BRE guys) and a few other crazy fast 510s will be there. I'll be happy with an upper mid pack finish. I know I can't run at the front.

There will also be a few Lotus Cortinas running in the group as well.

Will

·
Registered
789 Posts
Hmsa/ scca

Cortinas are easy pickins, just wait til the brakes fade, *** wiggles and dive in. I'll be running the spider, so those crazy 510's are on their own....should be fun, maybe I'll start from back again, that was a freakin hoot, especially with a large pack. Last year started 45th and ended 7th, best time ever. Smilin already..:)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cortinas are easy pickins, just wait til the brakes fade, *** wiggles and dive in. I'll be running the spider, so those crazy 510's are on their own....should be fun, maybe I'll start from back again, that was a freakin hoot, especially with a large pack. Last year started 45th and ended 7th, best time ever. Smilin already..:)
Hahaha, 45 cars = large pack. I guess you have never driven in a 24hrs of Lemons race. Try 145-180 cars on track (I'm not joking, the last race at Sears Point had 170 starting cars :eek:) 45 cars is wide open track ;)

Its funny, in a Lemons race with way too many cars on track, I don't feel even a little nervous, but since this is my first vintage race, and its my own car, I'm feeling a little nervous. Once out on track I should be good.

Here is a line up of the Datsun crowd that will be there.

Ron Carter Datsun 2000
Will Campbell Datsun 2000
Tim Arnett Datsun 510 or Datsun 2000?
Bill Pritchard Datsun 510
Steve Link Datsun 510
Shannon Johnson Datsun 510
Jonathan ??? Datsun 510
Troy Tinsley Datsun 510 Wagon
Ken Matice Datsun 510
Troy Ermish Datsun 510
Wayne McAtee Datsun 510
Craig Carter Datsun 510
Tom Neely Datsun 510
Dan Haney Datsun 510
Bob Clucas Datsun 240Z IMSA (big bore, not in our class)

If I can hold my own in this field, I'll be plenty happy. I hope I don't break the car, that will be an expensive tow home.

Will

·
Registered
819 Posts
Ken and I won't be running... The race car is completely apart and on the rotisserie. This season is an "off season" for our Alfa.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts