Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Lousiana we had so many cars and trucks in the driveway that they had to be called something. Tiff's father had given her the old '69 Stepsider that had been sitting on the property in Florida for years. He told her " the truck is a mess and the radio doesn't work so you can sing zippity doo-dah while you drive."

The
'69 Stepsider became " Zippity"
'74 International became " Doo-dah"

and now a my place the Spider is
"Charlotte" ( from Charlotte's web the childrens book) and the Milano is either
"the cookie" or " The red headed step child"
Cookie since my co-worker thought of the Pepperage Farm cookies and "red headed step child" since it takes the back seat to the Spider.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
I got my '69 Spider 1300 Junior in Nova Scotia, Canada...the home of the Acadians (Cajuns to you Americans), so I named her 'Evangelina' after the beautiful Longfellow poem about the plight of the Acadians titled 'Evangeline'. Eventually, that has been shortened to 'Gina'.

My '78 Alfetta track monster (now sold) was christened 'Christina' by my (then 14 year-old) son, after the car called 'Christine' in the Stephen King book (and movie) of the same name...believe me, it WAS appropriate!

My '87 Milano Gold is called 'La Bomba', after Cheech Marin's '64 Chevy in the movie 'Up In Smoke'...you'll have to see the movie to understand...my Milano is lowered and loud.

My '87 Milano Verde is called Al-Phoenix because she had a small fire caused by some PO driving with a siezed rear brake pad for about 100 miles and then parking...this blistered some paint and warped the plastic flairs...also she was resurrected (by me) after I bought her for $600 and a washer and dryer. I added exhaust, some clutch work, a few sensors and repaired 'grounds', and had a new interior installed.

My '73 GTV has yet to be named...she's still just a rusty shell without interior, engine, transmission or glass. I'm sure that something will come to me.

:D

Oh! Just thought of one more! My '71 Satellite Sebring Plus (already quite a name, huh?) became 'RZZZZZ!' and had the plate to match after she was much hot-rodded...here's a photo (in my next post) so you can understand how the name applies:p (Hope this works!)

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
No but have been known to call them names when either:

- They won't start, or
- I am been out dragged out of a hairpin :mad:

Pete

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
MONEY BOX

Very big money box. It's basically because if I counted how much money I had put in it I would have lots of $$, but I would not be so happy...........

Regards,

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Troia

here is a pic of my TROIA veloce at portland this past weekend.

Funny you mention Nino. He is one of my favorite driver's of all time! I had the opportunity to meet him in my dad's town when he did his book release a couple years ago. I chatted with him for quite a while...one of the nicest guys out there. I'll post some pics as soon as i can get a chance to dig through them.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Lil' Troia

here is a pic of my LIL' TROIA stradale taken 5 minutes ago. Yes, it's still sitting infront of the shop on what are now flat tires :( As soon as we finish a couple race cars that are almost done, it's party time on this car!

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
they belong to member rtbracer. he is still in oregon, decided to stick around after the race and take a little vacation. when he gets back, i'll ask him. they sure beat the POS ones i made out of wood.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts