Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a 101 series spyder parked on Madison avenue in NYC for the last 9 days, it is collection tickets and is in danger of being towed .

It has CT plate 335 TYA and is red with red seats. It has suffered trough the recent storm and St Patrick's day parade. So anyone know who it belongs to ?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Crime fighting and social good. What a role for the AROCNE and the BB!! Very thoughtful. Seriously :)

-Dan

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Yea:eek: , I think I know who owns it.:mad: Some clown from Shelter Island and he revs it over 8,500 rpm:eek: . I know, I know, I keep tellling him it's not good to lug the engine:p

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
still sitting there

it's been there for more than two weeks and it's in danger of being towed away

if you know the owner and he still wants it tell him to move it, if he is abandoning it let me know I'll take it ff his hands

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
right on my doorsetp

Hey it been three weeks and while it now sports a "broken" sign on the windshield it's not immune to NYC wreckers/tow men. If anyone really know the owner tell him to move ASAP or sell it to me !

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Where in NY? Manhatan?
I wonder if one can run plates and find out who the onwer is?

·
Premium Member
1972 Montreal. 2019 Giulia ti Sport
1,544 Posts
Tsk, tsk, what a shame.:( Move this thread and pictures to the "Anything about Alfa Romeos and the Alfa bb" section. It will get more views.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Would it make sense to simply grab it and call the CT RMV to report its whereabouts and identify the owner for safe return? It's a rescue, not grand theft auto, right?

-Dan

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Call up the DMV and get a name and number. If it was my car i would rather have you tow it than the state!!

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Let me add if the city tows that it will probably never be seen again...

However, I have a few safe places it could live until the owner calls the DMV

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Weird. Either that car is stolen or the owner is in the hospital/dead.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
It also very, very strange that the car has not been towed... Usually, its one ticket and next thing you know the tow truck is hauling it away... (Yes, I do know about these things! :rolleyes: ) I have never seen NYPD allow a car to just sit there for days with tickets, and not have it towed.

Best regards,
Enrique

If it were a Veloce, I would be taking it home myself - to help the owner, of course. :D

·
Registered
7,166 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
gone today !

As of this afternoon the spyder is gone, don't know if it was towed or picked up by owner. Saw tow trucks in neighborhood so I assume the worst. Anyone know what happened to it

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
If it wasn't put on a flatbed, nothing good could have happened. IMHO.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
As of this afternoon the spyder is gone, don't know if it was towed or picked up by owner. Saw tow trucks in neighborhood so I assume the worst. Anyone know what happened to it
I think it's time to check the city auctions...:D

·
Premium Member
1972 Montreal. 2019 Giulia ti Sport
1,544 Posts
Maybe we can hope for the best, and the owner was a lurker on this bb, but wouldn't admit to leaving it there. The optimist in me says that he/she took care of it.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Maybe we can hope for the best, and the owner was a lurker on this bb, but wouldn't admit to leaving it there. The optimist in me says that he/she took care of it.
Whoever it was, should be :eek:

·
Super Moderator
11,788 Posts
"I once was lost, but now I'm found...."

I cannot imagine anyone really abandoning that Alfa:( . On the other hand, it is often difficult to understand others motivations:confused: . Perhaps it has been "liberated":rolleyes: from the street to go on to a home where someone will appreciate it! ;) Lets all keep an eye on E-bay and Craigs list!
:D Gordon Raymond

1 - 20 of 23 Posts