Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know who bought Ken Shaff's Le Mans blue Jr. Z (SF Bay Area)?

·
Premium Member
21,945 Posts
Yes, I recognized the Conrad-modified airbox on it. A friend went up and look at it, but don't know where he's at on buying it.
Andrew

·
Registered
4,025 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Hey guys - a few things:
  • The Motor Match car was for sale at Fantasy Junction in 2013 here. The price mentioned in the Motor Match is wrong. If I recall correctly, the car sold for a multiple of that quoted price back in 2013. My assumption is that the Motor Match page is to a significantly older advertisement.

• The car linked to in Sacramento is a 1300 model with a 2 liter. Significantly cheaper than a correct 1600 model due to a higher production number and the 2l (Incorrect engines now are starting to hurt Alfa values as well)
  • My car is still with me and not for sale. I do get a fair amount of requests though ... :)

• Car color is not French or Le Mans blue. It is AR328. That "usually" corresponds to Blu Medio. However, on the Z, it was called Blu Zagato and Zagato actually slightly altered the blue. Not sure if intentionally or because they painted the cars instead of Alfa. But usually, it is a bit more yellow and radiant to the deeper blue of Blu Medio
There are always a few 1600 on the market in Europe. FOr a really good one, I would expect to budget $75k - $100k (35 - 50% less for a 1300 car). If you wait a few months, chances are that prices will drop given the madness in the world right now.

Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just wanted to chime in as the seller. If anyone needs more information on the car feel free to reach out. I'd be happy to relay extra photos, videos, or records.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just wanted to chime in as the seller. If anyone needs more information on the car feel free to reach out. I'd be happy to relay extra photos, videos, or records.
I have forwarded this thread to an interested party.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts