Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am restoring door panels and need 5 or 6 of these trimmy spacer things.
Don't seem to be able to identify at auto upholstery websites.
Tbone

Attachments

·
Registered
8,646 Posts
These look like the ferules that a push button door look goes through on the top of the panel .. Hard to find. I never found any

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These look like the ferules that a push button door look goes through on the top of the panel .. Hard to find. I never found any
They are about 5mm in diameter and located door panel trim screws. any idea what theyare called?

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
They are about 5mm in diameter and located door panel trim screws.
Auto interior trim screws come with those things already installed. The one pictured below may not be exactly like the one in your picture, but you get the idea - look for a screw/washer assembly that matches your old parts.

·
Premium Member
1978 Spider
478 Posts
They look like grommets that are used to prevent the attachment screws from crushing the door panel and padding behind the vinyl. Also makes it easier to align the screws to the door. IIRC my old Chevy uses them at the bottom of the doors.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
@Jbutler is correct. They are (were) part of the door panel. They are metal grommets installed from one side and then using a manufacturing tool mechanically folded over smoothly. The screws that hold the door panel to the inner door skin slide through them. A custom upholstery shop should have them.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
The door cards have eyelets that are swaged at each screw location for attaching the card to the door. I was not able to find the original style eyelet that accomodates the original style screw either. The closest eyelet that I found were these brass ones. A swaging tool is required but is available at least. The finishing washer under the screw is also required and though there are North American versions of these...they are a bit oversized compared to the originals.

panell 108.jpg panell 057.jpg panell 059.jpg

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Posts 6, 7, 9 are correct. Post 8 is the correct insert that goes into the inner door skin to secure the post at the top of the panel, but is not what is shown in post #1. Post #10 is what you sometimes find used as an incorrect replacement. @1750GT, where did you find those?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts