Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the guys that hold the retaining rings to the buckets. I think they're M2.x - is M2.5 or M2.2 a more common sheet metal screw size?

While I'm at it buying sheet metal screws for the headlights, is there a general catch all assortment that handles a lot of the SS trim and lighting?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,471 Posts
They are the adjusting bolts for the headlights, best guess would be any import headlight ring from a wrecking yard.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The other ones are the adjusting screws, these are the little ones that hold the surround to the bucket.

While we are on lighting details, what holds the tail lights to the body? Is there a second set of m5 nuts and washers in addition to the one shown on the picture?

Attachments

·
Registered
558 Posts
While we are on lighting details, what holds the tail lights to the body? Is there a second set of m5 nuts and washers in addition to the one shown on the picture?
Yes, exactly. Depending on how much stud length you have, using double-nutting with neverseize would be a good idea.

Umm. Re-reading that makes it seem a bit, um....

Seriously, I only mean that using a nylock to prevent the light body loosening might not be good here as they'll tend to make the studs spin in the light body, something you don't want. You do however want these to stay tight to the body. You can get exhaust fumes in through these seals.

/Neil

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Believe it or not. The exact screw you need is sold at Home Depot. Found them by accident, but they match exactly!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts