Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
There's only one way to find out if it's too good to be true. I used to live in that area and do remember, once, seeing a red Milano drive past me. This may have been it (it's not like there's many up there). But I don't know how to get a hold of the seller if the reply to is broken...

·
Registered
298 Posts
This Verde ad was on the Detroit Craig's List site several weeks ago, then disappeared. Livonia was also listed as the location.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I actually emailed the Seller. Livonia is actually in the Rochester, NY area so Detroit might have been a mistake. It looks like the car is pending sale from what I've been told. If it falls through, though...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I contacted the seller about a month ago through Craigslist email asking the usual questions (timing belt, rust, etc) he replied within an hour that I was the first to inquire about it and I should call and gave me his number. Before I called I reply emailed to ask if he would mind if I had an independent inspection service take a look at it, as I was halfway across the country from me and didn't know if he would want to mess with a long distance sale. He didn't reply to that so I called and left a voicemail and he never called back. The car has been on Craigslist for a long time and even come and gone at least once, which all could be not finding the right buyer and he might not have contacted me as he didn't want to mess with selling it like that, but one sitting for so long at that price and seemingly from the ad in decent shape, and with one with more miles going for 14k on BAT in the same timeframe makes me think you want to look it over very thoroughly beforehand.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
I also had inquired to the seller of this car for a friend of mine, and got the cold shoulder after asking about an inspection. Too good to be true maybe, but wasn't willing to take the risk (nor was my buddy).

·
Registered
547 Posts
Good call Dragline. I didn't realize there was more than 1 Livonia!

Perhaps it is too good to be true. If the car is in excellent shape, the seller really should have no issue having the car inspected by a mechanic. Though from the pictures it looks like it's in at least decent shape, and the Carfax does report one owner, with accurate miles, with no accident history (though this doesn't necessarily mean it's never been in a collision). I wonder what could be wrong with it...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone who responded! Love this board...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I haven't gotten any word back from the email address that we dug up. And now the ad is down. Too little, too late...

·
Registered
490 Posts
Most likely this is a scam. I know the barn and the house in the background. The owner of the property is a longtime Alfisti and major east coast used parts dealer and has been for many years. I'm certain he has no intention of selling everything and moving to Florida so it looks to be BS to me. Don't recall him having a Milano for sale lately either. I'll see him next week and tell him he's become famous on the BB, though prob unintentionally!

·
Registered
4,583 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
547 Posts
The price was indeed 18K (or, rather $17,999) yesterday. I think a bit too much for this car, maybe a bit much, but I think everyone is going nuts with that 33k mile one that went for $19.500 on BaT.

Does anyone know if it's actually a private party selling it again?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes, it is a private party selling it. He's a member of AlfaBB. Collector/trader.
It was a solid car to begin with, and he put a little TLC in it to make it what it shows in the photos/description.

It's also on eBay btw.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Just my 2 cents here. Ive seen the car is person and its gorgeous. Seller is a straight shooter too. If you're in that market for a pristine milano, this is a good example.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts