Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across this pic of an interesting GTA take at the autodelta show stands in 66 at either Torino or Brussels show. It says it was driven by Rindt

was odd is the slightly larger rear fender flares than the standard gta added on ones. In the front are larger than blended in fender flares but smaller than riveted GR 2 flares. They appear to house 8 or 9x13 gtam or tipo 33 wheels. The has brake ducts hole are cut into the front valance. anyone have any more photos or more information about this unusual gta?

regards db

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That might explain why the hood was off... thank you.

I think I see the rear compressor poking out now that you mentioned it. I don’t think the Becker car had these flares, cooling ducts or wheels ? I wonder if there are more photos of this wonderful spec rindt car?

Btw the rare 8x14 weren’t homologated?i assume they were legal only for use in Group 5 ?

the earlier caption to the photo cant be correct.. I see a stradale so it can’t be 66.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The photos were made at the "Festival di Monza", an exhibition of race cars during the F1-weekend in September 1967. The GTA 613069 which was sold in 1969 to Alfa Romeo Benelux and raced mainly by Christine Beckers. GTA-SA engines were allowed from 1967-1969 in "Turismo Speciale" only, group 5 then.

·
Registered
46 Posts
A pretty important car. 613069 won first overall at the Monza 4 hour and Nurburgring 6 hour under de Adamich and Zeccoli in 1966. Anyone know where it is now?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts