Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been seriously looking for a GTA and variants for a while now and came across this one ALFA ROMEO GTA gtam For Sale (1968) on Car And Classic UK [C320898]. Does anyone know anything about this car, history and authenticity? I would appreciate any information, caveats and/or opinions about this pretty car. The description in the ad is an Italian and the translation to English it becomes more like gibberish rather the informative. Grazie

Or if you know of something for sale, would be interested in hearing from you.

·
Registered
816 Posts
GTAM in Italy

Fran
That car in Italy looks much too cheap for a real GTAM. It has the correct Head, but they were supposed to be injected. The town listed is Agrigento, which is in southern Sicily. I'm sure there are other cars around. Call me if you like.
Keith Goring

·
Administrator
12,590 Posts
Fran
That car in Italy looks much too cheap for a real GTAM. It has the correct Head, but they were supposed to be injected. The town listed is Agrigento, which is in southern Sicily. I'm sure there are other cars around. Call me if you like.
Keith Goring
But I imagine some have been converted to carbs as easier to tune, etc. 1968-early 70's when these car were new and current race cars is a long time ago ... car specs get changed.

But buying a GTAm (and unfortunately I have to include GTA's now as companies now supply alloy bodywork) would always be a risky business unless there are some very solid ways to confirm authenticity ... I wouldn't even trust chassis numbers thanks to clever replica makers (scum) nowadays.

I'd want period photos where you can trace the car through the years with no break in the timeline. Then I'd contract a very good lawyer and ensure that the contract of sale was written up in such a way that if I ever discovered it was not what it was sold as, I could sue the @rse off the seller (and if seller had by then passed away, his or her family).
Pete

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Chassisnumber?

I have been seriously looking for a GTA and variants for a while now and came across this one ALFA ROMEO GTA gtam For Sale (1968) on Car And Classic UK [C320898]. Does anyone know anything about this car, history and authenticity? I would appreciate any information, caveats and/or opinions about this pretty car. The description in the ad is an Italian and the translation to English it becomes more like gibberish rather the informative. Grazie

Hello Vabene,

What is the chassisnumber of this car? It will be easy to check if this is the real deal or a nice Replica through the book "Alleggerita" 2nd edition. I will check if you give me the chassisnumber. One thing is for sure, 1968 means this is probably a European 1750 GTV (105.44) and not an 105.51. 105.44's were converted to GTAm back in the day but there were a lot less 105.44 conversions than 105.51.

Ciao, Olaf

·
Registered
20 Posts
ciao sono il proprietario della macchina, la macchina è visibile a Milano, è un fedele ricostruzione con materiale originale comprato molti anni fa presso officina Chiapparini di Milano per altre informazione puoi chiedere grazie

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
ciao sono il proprietario della macchina, la macchina è visibile a Milano, è un fedele ricostruzione con materiale originale comprato molti anni fa presso officina Chiapparini di Milano per altre informazione puoi chiedere grazie
Translation of the Italian text:
Hello, I am the owner of the car, the car can be seen in Milan , is a faithful reconstruction of original material bought many years ago at the workshop Chiapparini Milan for other information you can ask. Thanks

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
vendo la macchina come una fedele replica non come originale come molti le spacciano
Translation:
I sell the car as a faithful replica is not as original as many "say?/assume?"

Thank you SalvatoreJPL for this clarification! The price already pointed in this direction (original cars go for considerably higher prices) but now we can appreciate this car for what it is.

·
Registered
575 Posts
vendo la macchina come una fedele replica non come originale come molti le spacciano
Bravo Salvatore for being honest and straight forward about your car!
It is indeed a splendid looking example of a GTAm replica, complete with many desired and rare parts.

Kind regards,
Vince.

·
Administrator
12,590 Posts
Bravo Salvatore for being honest and straight forward about your car!
It is indeed a splendid looking example of a GTAm replica, complete with many desired and rare parts.

Kind regards,
Vince.
+1. Salvatore has my full respect and I wish him well with the sale of a very nice car.
Pete

·
Registered
9 Posts
GT Junior Competizione

1972 GTJ Wide Body Lightweight , road legal track car , powered by 3.0 Litre Busso V6 , custom brakes /suspension/ p.a.s./ etc
:whistling:..asking 45000 US Dollars...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts