Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Anyone interested in my restorable Alfetta Mille Miglia?

5K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  Alfaguy35 
#1 ·
I bought the car in Salt Lake about 1 1/2 years ago, but never transfered the title (which I have). The car is 95% complete, but has been sitting outside at an Alfa/Italian car repair shop on 300 West at about 9th in Salt Lake for 5 years or more. I paid $300, but will sell it to the first person that will send me $100 for it. At that point, I will mail the title, and you will have to go to Salt Lake and get the car, or make your own arrangements to do so. I simply don't have the time or the finances to get involved in restoring it, and no longer live in Salt Lake. Only something like 300 Mille Miglia Alfetta GT versions were made, in red, white or black, but some say they have seen versions in dark metalic brown. There might have actually been something like 350 to 400 cars made. The Alfa archives does NOT have an exact nuimber. I'm not sure if it is a 1978 or 1979. The car is really to rare and restorable to turn it into a parts car, but if someone buys it, they can, of course, do what they want with it...

If you are interested, contact me by PM or by e-mail at dretceterini@hotmail.com

#2 ·
Interesting. What color is it? Are all the MM parts there? Condition? etc...

#4 ·
It is black. There is rust all the way through the tops of the rear wheel archs. It has been sitting outside for something like 5 years. I have owned it about 20 months.

The spoiler is complete, and most (all?) of the badges were on the car when I last saw it a year ago, but most of the enamel was worn off. The badges are available. I think Black Bart has them (or he can get them if they are not in stock)

The car is 98% complete, but needs a full restoration to whatever condition the buyer desires. The car did NOT run or drive.

The drive train alone should be worth the $100, not to mention the value of the spoiler and the rest of the stuff, should it be parted out...

Thanks,
Stu

#3 ·
You mean there is actually an Alfa built after 1970 that you liked? :eek: And you actually own one? :confused: Based on your past posts, I would have thought that you would be so anxious to dissociate yourself from any post-1970 Alfa that you would be willing to pay for this! If you post some pictures (or get someone to do this for you), I would consider owning such a terrible year example, but would also hope that you would consider paying for shipping it to my house, and in return I wouldn't charge you anything more for taking it off your hands! :D:D:D

Best regards,

#5 ·
It was one of those "I don't think I should pass on this for $300" kinds of things; that's why I bought it. I am too old to do any more restorations myself (or even paying for help) and simply don't have the time or money to do it PROPERLY now anyways. It's not that I HATE 70s or newer Alfas; it's that I much prefer the earlier cars much better If it was a Milano or a 164 in the same condition, even for $300, I would have probably passed on it! :p

#6 ·
I am interested for the spoilers and other badges. I own a 82 alfetta-gtv which has the rear spoiler from the mille miglia edition or the velocissima (that`s probably the brown you recall) and some of the badges could look good in my car.
I would need pics to see all the badges though.

#8 ·
I realize that it's impractical for Stu to take pics, but is there somewhere were I could find any of when the car was running, "back in the day"? I really would like to see or read about it, and I am thinking about this as a potentially cool project...

Best regards,

#14 ·
Ha, I just remembered this.. this is what happened to one of the Alfa emblems on it:

I forgot what I did with the other one, probably in the garage somewhere. That was before Stu bought the car anyways.

#16 ·
Looks very nice! I thought it had more spoilers as the velocissima edition so I could take them for my car, but it has only the rear wing that I have. Although I now know where this spoiler came from!!! :D It was part of a factory SE, I`ll love to see the face of any purist down here when I tell them.

#17 · (Edited)
I'm the one in the green Alfa cap. Greg is the one in the green shirt....and yes, that is snow on the ground....

As you can see, it is in pretty **** good shape for the price I'm asking, but YOU have to pick it up or make the arrangements yourself. If anyone is interested, PM me or e-mail me for payment details, send me a cashier's check or money order, and I'll send you the title (which is in the name of the previous owner) along with a bill of sale by registered mail as soon as I get payment.

Thanks Ronan for posting the photos.

#22 ·
Stu,
I dropped a cashiers check in the mail for you today. I'm guessing you should have it by this weekend.
Congratulations, to both you and Stu! This is a very cool car. (I was considering it seriously, but my restoration body guy is just way behind on all his work - some of it for me!- and I just couldn't find an alternative...) It's a tribute to the car that it has moved so quickly, and yes, that price was "symbolic", which was also a surprise...

Best regards,

#23 ·
this is an amazingly rare vehicle. As it even ran in the MM. You should sell it to some belgian trader. It must be worth at least 200000,- I should guess.. It even has airco and an aerodynamic device of some sorts... A real one-off, at least here in europe!

#25 ·
dretceterini,
Glad to see that you got the payment so quickly. I need to get the exact address and phone number of the place where the car is located so that I can arrange transport. One of my codrivers in the Lemons car is the general manager of a dealership that ships alot of cars so we are getting a little price break on the shipping but I want to make it as easy as possible for them.
Martin says to say hello.
Look forward to hearing from you.

#27 ·
The story is I got the title to the car but I still don't have an address or phone number for where the car is located so that I can arrange transport. Can you help me with either of these pieces of information? My shipping connection is sending a car to Colorado in the next couple of weeks with another coming back right after that so any help would be appreciated.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.