Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone gotten one of these for their dual brake system ?

Centerline Products: BC516 Brake MC USA 1969 Dual Circuit

After years of fighting iffy brake pedal feel on my '69, I'm thinking of biting the bullet and doing new boosters and MC all at once. it has the symptoms of both booster and MC problems. (calipers are already rebuilt.)

Cheers,
Jeff

·
Supporting Vendor
4,414 Posts
We have sold a number of these new Dual MCs with good results. Hopefully some of the customers can chime in here soon. Sales seem to evenly divided between replacements for '69 street cars and people retrofitting dual braking systems into cars that originally had single circuit brakes for racing use.

In our own testing - which was conducted by a reputable vintage racing preparation firm on a street '69 GTV - the reproduction MC performed identically to an original unit in proper working order. They have also been inspected by master '69 MC rebuilder Jim Neill (Papajam).

The actual process of getting these cylinders produced has been anything but simple but we are now confident that we have a good product made to the absolutely highest standards of fit and finish.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Joe,

Given that you have a numberof them deployed, that seems good enough for me.
I've got a long, and good, history with Centerline.
(Probably a third of the mass of my Alfa must be from Centerline's parts by now ! )

·
Premium Member
16,232 Posts
Although I have not actually road tested one of these cylinders, I have dissected one for evaluation purposes. And I must say that I am impressed! The parts are of high quality and a high attention to detail was paid them (correct me if I'm wrong Joe but these cylinders are being made by Bentitalia in Italy?).
What I consider an improvement in this cylinder is a notched brake pedal return spring lower seat. This allows spring removal in seconds; an impossibility with the ATE un-notched seat.

All in all, I would say that this is an excellent product and my hat is off to Joe and the gang for bringing this previously unavailable part to market.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts