Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to come up with some ideas for decorating the wall space in my garage, and I had the thought of printing some 11"x17" or larger images of old advertisements featuring GTVs (or other Alfas, potentially).

I've gone through all the Alfa Owner magazines from that era (60's through mid 70's), but Alfa didn't advertise there at that point in time, apparently.

Anyone have any high quality scans they could post of old Alfa ads?

Is anyone else even interested in that sort of thing, or am I the only one?

If file size becomes an issue, I may be able to set up an FTP/shared cloud drive site somewhere to house them.

Thanks,
Robert

·
Premium Member
6,448 Posts
look for a 300 dpi .tif everytime a jpg is saved the quality drops off a bit from being compressed every time Some places can print poster sized prints for a very reasonable cost.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I found lots of standard magazine size original Alfa ads in old Road and Track, Car and Driver and others. Some ebay sellers have quite a few too. I just cut them out and laminate it...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a big poster of a GTV. It measures 24 x 35 inches. I got it off the wall of the Savannah International Motors showroom when my new 1974 GTV was ready to drive home.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Classicalfa have a couple of large format posters 'La giulia che vince' of a GTA and a great shot from Nurburgring of the 1300GTA, wheels in the air.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@harryf: Thanks for the tip on the posters at ClassicAlfa.

I was hoping that someone would have already scanned in some of the old ads (as opposed to promotional pictures, etc.) and could post them.

Based on the responses, it doesn't appear that anyone has done that, so I'll start looking around and see what I can find to scan in myself. I just figured I'd leverage what was out there if anyone had already done something similar.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have any of those in a large (say 300dpi or more) format?

I've purchased a couple ads from old UK magazines - I'll post a link out to them as soon as I get them and scan them in. I'm planning on doing 600dpi for them, so they'll be big files.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,378 Posts
Here's a good album cover from a German compilation of music from the 1960s and 70s Italian adult films!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts