Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 wires sticking out where my underside hood light should be and was wondering if anyone had a picture of the under side of there hood so I can see how and what is attached. Mine is a 73' spider.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
My GTV also has two wires sticking out on the underside of the hood, which I have no idea what they are.

Any suggesetion is welcome. THx! :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
If my remeber right there is a small hole a little to the right and up on the hood that take a phillips head sheet metal screw that holds the light in places. Sorry the light is missing from both my alfas so I have no pictures for you good luck.

·
Super Moderator - Alfa Romeo Expert
16,232 Posts
Wish I had the hood that these attach to. It's STILL in the body shop.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
the inside hood light works when the lights are on and the hood is open.

works wonderful when changing the battery or fan belt at night on a dark side street!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now I know what it looks like....

Anyone know where I can find one? I looked at IAP and they dont have any.

·
16,232 Posts
I found this new stainless steel hood light at Hurtienne but it's not an OEM replacement so I won't be using it. Since Kelly asked first, it's yours. Just let me know where to send it. I gave up my search for an original plastic one since I got lucky and found a NOS piece on ebay a few months ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank You Jim

Hey Thanks Jim that would be great!

My address:

Kelly Eden
16311 66th AVE W
Lynnwood, WA 98037

Would you like me to reimburse you for this part and shipping? Just let me know ok.

·
16,232 Posts
It should be in the mail tomorrow (25 Apr). Have a tentative......'date' with a '69 Spider this weekend; I'll try to get some pics of the hoodlight and the switch.

·
16,232 Posts
...and the lower portion of the circuit. Note the harness going thru the grommeted hole in the hood and the hoodlight switch, which grounds the circuit, just to the right of the bodyside of the right hood hinge.
The GTVs I've seen have the same setup but are on the left side of the car.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts