Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Anyone have a MC rebuilt by Karp's on the road ?

927 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jjb 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a way to rebuild the dual circuit MC on my '69. (New MC's are NLA. I've tried lots of sources, as I'm sure other have as well.)
I've been told that the rebuild procedure with brass sleeves has a high failure rate. As I recall, Osso was having his rebuilt at Karp's, who use stainless sleeves, but the car is not out or resto. yet. Anyone else use Karp's and can comment on the result ?

My '69's brakes have never been quite right, even after honing the MC and lots of bleeding. Mostly they are great and grip well, but sometimes the pedal goes hard and you don't have much stopping power.

Cheers,
Jeff

#2 ·
I rebuilt a Montreal clutch master cylinder sleeved in SS by Karp's earlier this year for a friend. The work quality was top notch. The clutch hydraulics have so far functioned as intended. It's my understanding though that Karp's does not rebuild cylinders, only sleeves them.

...but sometimes the pedal goes hard and you don't have much stopping power.
Sounds like this could be a booster issue or the M/C pushrod is adjusted a bit on the long side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.