Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11,682 Posts
I put one of these on my most recent race engine. i have no idea whether it will help long term, but i figured it couldn't hurt.
Does add a little more rotational friction though.

Pete

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
official response from AH is it does not require oil feed the spigot can be cut off, the spring is man enough to do the job

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Looks very similar to one I replaced in a Renault12... helped keep the noise down when hooning up the Transfagarasan pass

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So after swing an old chain and new chain fitted I decided the tensioner was worth fitting, added two copper rivets to make sure all stays together, used countersunk bolts in the tensioner block to minimise the amount needed to be removed from timing case, I’m happy with results

Attachments

·
Registered
11,682 Posts
Seeing not swing **** you steve Jobs
Took me a while to get this post :). BTW: You can edit posts you make, and yes auto-incorrect is very annoying.

The tensioner looks like it belongs there. Nice job.
Pete

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I can’t find that option on the iPhone so had to post again, I wrote dam and the site put Astrix making it seem much darker anyhow back to cars, yes it’s a good fit it needed a little fettling to fit but I’m happy with results, if anyone is going down this route you can cut off the oil feed spigot and don’t drill into the oil gallery the tensioner does not need oil to push the tensioner it has a spring inside that’s released with an Allen key
I cut the rubber block and backing plate to just wider than the chain and countersunk the bolting holes both mods reduce the amount of metal you have to remove from the timing chain cover

21 - 30 of 30 Posts