Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Performatek - Performatek - Home

I wonder if any of you have dealt with them, how reputable they are?

I ordered a sizable set of poly bushings from them before the New Year and haven't received anything yet. Could be the Holidays and such. But no email confirmation, etc. I will contact them but wanted to hear your impressions.

They came up as an online search result. Offer a large selection of Alfa Milano / GTV6 bushings.

Thanks,
- Art

·
Registered
52 Posts
I ordered sway bar bushings and had to file a complaint with PayPal and eventually got my money back after several months of emails not getting returned. Would NEVER do business with them again. There are others on here that rate them highly. So, it is kinda' like Russian roulette, sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't. To me that is not a good business model.

He is only a re-seller, I found poly bushings from other sources and received them in 3 days.

·
Administrator
16,362 Posts
I've bought parts from Performatek without problems but we've heard too many stories from those that have had issues - mainly from buyers not in the USA. I suspect they are not too tech savvy and often the email gets missed, deleted, who knows? Try a phone call before giving up.

Since it is likely difficult for you to make a phone call from Norway let me know if you want me to call for you.

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
I ordered a set of Ate Rotors for my GTV6 on Dec 20 and they arrived on Dec 23. That is my normal experience but I ALWAYS place my orders with Andy by phone. He tells me if he has the parts in stock and he is a wealth of good advice and information.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've bought parts from Performatek without problems but we've heard too many stories from those that have had issues - mainly from buyers not in the USA. I suspect they are not too tech savvy and often the email gets missed, deleted, who knows? Try a phone call before giving up.

Since it is likely difficult for you to make a phone call from Norway let me know if you want me to call for you.
Thanks for sharing experiences and this kind offer!

Too bad they are hit & miss. Not fun. But OK- I'll call them on Monday. I travel back & forth, and am in NY now (I even made a mental note before I ordered I could easily drop by Sherborn on my way to other business I have in MA and NH if I had to). Too bad they aren't more reliable, but I still have some faith. I'll contact them and see how or if we can move this forward.

Cheers,
- Art

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Andy is a great guy who is really committed to our cars, but he is a one-man shop and sometimes things fall through the cracks.

I ordered vented rear rotors from him (now sadly NLA) and they didn't come for a while. When I called, he said the order that I poked in on his web site had gotten lost. I got the rotors not long after that call.

So if you just poked your order in on the web and haven't spoken to him, I would advise you to call Andy before you give up.

·
Registered
52 Posts
RexCars;7390801 So if you just poked your order in on the web and haven't spoken to him said:
IF he answers the phone which he DOES NOT, that was my experience! Also, why do you need to call after placing an order or have other AlfaBB members call him for you? What kind of business model is this?!? Hey may be a great guy and may be committed but his business practice is what needs attention!

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
Andy has always answered the phone when I called. I buy almost all of my brake and suspension parts from him as he only sells good quality parts. He will not sell the sub-standard stuff that some others do.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I never had a problem getting Andy on the phone either.

And when I did call him, he was very generous with his time in describing how best to set up my car.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I've bought bushings and other items from Andy, and I agree he's always generous with good experience-based advice, and he is committed to our Alfas. I've dealt with him mainly by phone. But yes--he is a one man band, and I suppose life gets in the way for him also, at times. I agree it's best to give him a call.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Always call. If you miss him, call back.
Email order, forget about it.
Great guy with quality parts.
After placing order call back in a few days to make sure it shipped. As others have said sometimes he's overwhelmed but always delivers in the end.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ALL GOOD... Thanks!

Called this morning,
Picked up my call promptly and he knew my order right away. No problems, just a little backlog from the Holidays.
Cheers,
- Art

1 - 12 of 12 Posts