Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I don't know the car but have been looking at the same series, there's a couple of them on Ebay I've had my eye on. As far as price goes it's hard to say without more pictures I suppose. Auction prices between $50,000 to $60,000 maybe? Too bad it doesn't have a Veloce motor.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
According to the ad it will be auctioned by McCormick's in Palm Springs...watch the video..Classic Car Auctions.. The subject car is gaveled next week.

I don't know anything about McCormick's but it seems they are my type of auction house. 5% commission and reserves allowed without a lower limit. It appears they don't have the profile that RM, G and B feed on and fit somewhat like BJ in the popcorn and pretzel crowd (not intended to be snobbish) which is good in many respects. The cars are what they are and very appealing with almost all the stock sold for less than $100,000. They push through a lot of volume so quick sales without dallying can mean bargains if you are on your game.

A diamond can be found wherever it is to be found so an open mind to the prospects are in your favor if you find yourself the only person in the room not looking for a hot rodded, highly personalized '57 Chevy.

The subject car looks very appealing from the stingy 3 shots I see..no engine shot. If it is set up as a Veloce with a period correct Normale block it still looks to deserve something easliy north of $75000 and possibly as high as breaking $100,000. I like what I see. If you are in SoCal or have a friend in the desert, it warrants a visit. Send me there from here on your private jet and I'll be happy to do a ppi.... aw, Jet Blue works for me! Excuse me while I clear my roof. Uncle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts