Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hej oop

Does anybody know this Duetto from eBay. I really like the colour and wonder if it is original. The description from the eBay ad describes a full (loving) restoration - but no mention of a colour change. The way the story is told i don't think the colour would change but who knows.

lotsa of great pictures in the ad - car is sold.
Hello to the new owner if present :D

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
... 150 views but no comment.

anywhoo, for those of you playing at home, I had contact from a very helpful PO who advises it was not an original colour. Perhaps a '64 Buick Wildcat colour and/or mid-sized '67 Buick Skylark.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
now that you mention it, the color is very reminiscent of a neighbor's 60's Buick Special station wagon from way back then.

·
Super Moderator
11,365 Posts
The paint looks metallic to my eye - I'm 99% sure that Alfa didn't offere metallic colors in '69. Also the non-original wheels & mirrors, plus the Spica-to-Weber conversion tell me that the PO wasn't exactly a stickler for originality.

Still, the color change was done quite thoroughly - even the underside was painted blue!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Yes, even the differential and exhaust were painted. The spring pans and rear trailing arms, as well as other various brackets and bits appear to have been painted gold. As a person who has done a complete rebuild/restoration I know that after you have succeeded in disassembling everything far beyond what you originally intended - you can, and do, literally lose sight of the forest due to the trees. The result is a lot of time and meticulous attention spent on visual details for things that no one is ever going to see and it borders on being a bona fide mental disorder.

I like the color though...

·
Registered
1969 Alfa Spider 1750 veloce.
1,051 Posts
this car came from Edmonton AB,I spoke to the seller. i believe that the original color was avorio(ivory)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts