Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
14,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tyler S. needs our help in this thread V6 rwd transmission setup

He is now thinking of using a GTV6/Milano transaxle for his Triump Spitfire Alfa v6 repower project, but is worried that the transaxle will not fit in between the Spitfires chassis rails.

Thanks
Pete

Reactions: archeologist

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have one sitting on the floor in the garage but no axles. If you want the length and width of the transaxle, they are a bit under 37" from the front of the clutch (with flange) to the rear transaxle mount and 19" from outside of left caliper to outside of right caliper.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have one sitting on the floor in the garage but no axles. If you want the length and width of the transaxle, they are a bit under 37" from the front of the clutch (with flange) to the rear transaxle mount and 19" from outside of left caliper to outside of right caliper.
how wide is it up from where the clutch is, and width from brake disc to brake disc? thank you for getting some measurements for me.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Clutch housing is about 16" wide. Disc to disc is a around 13.5".

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
You want to go hub face to hub face. Alfa GTV6 transaxles have in-board brakes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was doing some thinking (thats hard sometimes) and is it just the mounts that make the clutch housing so wide if so couldnt i just reallocate them?

·
Administrator
14,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also if you removed the inboard brake discs would be a lot narrower at the axles end, but yes not such an issue at that end.

How far away is a wrecker that wrecks Alfas?, might need to have a closer look
Pete

·
Registered
31 Posts
Also if you removed the inboard brake discs would be a lot narrower at the axles end, but yes not such an issue at that end.

How far away is a wrecker that wrecks Alfas?, might need to have a closer look
Pete
the inboard brakes arent a problem for me as the frame is an hourglass shape the front of the transaxel where the clutch is, is the only area that i think would be problem some. I wont really know until i find one and try to fit it in to see if there will be a problem or not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts