Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Hmmm,.... Wonder why it is being sold with a Bill of Sale, instead of a title, especially if it has a current registration in RI, and the seller claims it has been legally imported...

Best regards,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes. It's been listed twice now, and the same seller is offering an '84 Spider. They both look good. I'd love the 155, and am very tempted, but as you say, no title?......

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
There's a 2002 166 on Ebay too that they say is DOT and California certified.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
This 166 is one of the "autodeltas" from that company where the father and son running it were arrested for fraud.
If you feel adventurous, you can buy almost any Alfa model in Mexico, and import it yourself as a "show and display" vehicle.
Look at this website, a sort of autotrader for Mexico:

Alfa Romeo, Autos usados en Mexico, 12/6/2007 7:43:05 PM

There are 31 Alfas to choose from.

Kind of incredible how inexpensive those are. 150,000 Mexican pesos is currently less than 14,000 US dollars.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
This 166 is one of the "autodeltas" from that company where the father and son running it were arrested for fraud.
Are you sure that the car we are talking about on this thread is an "autodelta" 166? The info that I have certainly looks like a 155 TS, as advertised. The seller has it available for inspection. The seller was a bit surprised by my "title question" and indicated "but now since it is 10 years old it doesn't require a title to be transferred. simply the current RI registration and a bill of sale (can be notarized if need be). "

Best regards,

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
The thread is about the 155 TS - the Autodelta 166 comment was in reference to the car mentioned in post #4

1 - 8 of 8 Posts