Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I'm more interested in the ATS 2500 GT you have pictures of in an earlier post in your blog. It has a tangible connection to one of Alfa Romeo's granturismos ... ;)

·
Registered
572 Posts
'thoughts on the Mangusta'?

...I think Mangusta's are one of the best styled exotics of all time, just so 'right', looks that kill!

·
Super Moderator
12,183 Posts
I drove a new one many years ago when they were NEW. I was unimpressed by body panel fit as daylight would come in around both closed doors. Seating position was not good, and some frame thing in the seat whacked your tail bone when you hit bumps. Interior ventilation was poor with plenty of engine / transaxle fumes in the ****pit. Rear vision was terrible.
NOW... This was a WONDERFUL car. It drove well, handled well stopped great, and the transaxle was smooth and precise. Clutch was very heavy but positive and quick. The engine sound was spectacular and power way more than adequate. At the time, a friend was waiting for the appearance of the Pantera as he "knew" it would be a further development of the Mangusta. It was, but only to civilize the crude aspects of the Mangusta. His new pre-ordered Pantera was a disappointment, and he quickly sold it and bought a used Mangusta, flaws and all, and was a happy man. A BEAUTIFUL automobile. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I think it is pretty well established (a broken record of automotive journalists, etc.) who trash these cars and their engineering lapses....BUT there is no doubt it is one of the all time most beautifully styled autos...shoulda made only one as a styling exercise? Anyway there are only approx. 200 of these gorgeous creatures roaming the earth anymore :D

·
Registered
7,481 Posts
do you guys remember the qvale mangusta?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts