Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the US never officially got the 164 Q4 model, there appears to be only 2 or 3 of these cars in the US. I know Leo (in NY/CA)and TJ (in Seattle) have Q4s. Is there anyone else out here in the US with a 164 Q4? I am in the throes of deciding whether to get rid of my 164 S and replace it with a Q or Q4. Help talk me down or talk me into it!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, Interesting thought, Nizam. Could it be you subscribe to the same car-buying adage as me: It's best to find a car someone else has already put lots of money into than to have to do it yourself?!

I know you spend plenty of time and money getting your cars the way you like them, too. I'm the same way. I'm just starting to feel that I've taken this S as far as I can, and a new challenge might be interesting.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I remember that one. Tpj in Seattle bought that car. The guy selling it was in Florida, I think. So far, I know of that car, the one my friend Leo Kan bought (with only 30K miles on it!) and one that is coming in from Germany (by way of Italy) that another friend, Karl Robrock, bought on a recent trip to Europe.

I have driven Leo's Q4 back to back wiht my modfied S on the Pacific Coast Highway in the rain. The Q4 is much more refined, even a little too subdued in the tactile feedback it gives you. My S is a snarly, screaming machine in comparison. BUT- the amazing grip of the Q4, without the nose-heavy/light tail feel of the S was incredible. The Q4 fits the classic description of "corners like it's on rails."

There's a debate going on the 164 Forum with people saying that the Q4 isn't that great a car. It's curious that the discussion seems to be between people who have never driven a Q4 in the first place.

Rich Lasner

·
Registered
125 Posts
My cousin in italy has one. Its a 1995, it is a FAST CAR! its about as fast as my WRX but it pulls so hard at high speeds!

·
Registered
125 Posts
The 164 Q4's, personally I think there a great luxury car for there time, power to weight ratio there a bit on the low side (Nearly 3700 pounds)

I think it would really improve with a twin turbo aftermarket system of some sort.

I think it would be really cool when they finally start bringing over 156's to the USA to see AWD versions with the Q4 spirit still alive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts