Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am helping a friend revive a lovely 1956 Sprint Veloce Alleggerita. The car was born "French Blue" and was raced extensively. He is now looking to put the car back to factory, but is having difficulty finding the correct style and color carpeting. Does anyone have anything they can share? There are so many poorly restored cars out there, it's hard to decipher which should be used as a model. The dream would be to find photographs of a similar car in unrestored condition. Would be forever grateful!

Thank you!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Just a minute! If the car was "raced extensively" the last thing it would have is carpeting. Wilton carpets are some 5kgs alone. I have made up a diamond pattern lightweight floor covering for my car just to keep my feet off the floor. A Lightweight with carpet has not been seriously raced!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly! It has no carpet in it now, but the owner would like to bring it back to factory set-up.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Why? If it has a serious racing heritage why dismiss it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think dismissing is the right term here. He simply wants to put the car back to stock. And of course, it is his car after all.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Alternatively, let Greig and me have the chassis number, Bertone number and the engine number so that we can look-up its racing history. PM by all means.

Reactions: bec

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Bec,

I am certainly not dismissing the fact it is a Lightweight but why put the car back into a state where it was new and had yet to do anything. Surely after a career of "extensive racing history" that is its perceived quality. As before, lets have the detail of the car and we may be able to assist.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would love to! But unfortunately I can't send a PM bc I've only posted seven (now eight) times. Will PM as soon as possible. Thanks much.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Thanks Bec, look forward to hearing from you with the detail.

·
Administrator
4,145 Posts
Hi Bec

I have lots of pictures of Lightweights, one of which still has its original carpeting - see attached

Also some of an early '58 Series I Sprint Veloce Confortevole with original carpeting - second photo

Stuart & I keep the world wide register for Lightweights & Confortevole's, I have several blue '56's on file, no problem to help, but as Stuart said, we'd like the chassis, engine & Bertone body numbers - you can send this privately to either of us, our interest is historical and preservation. Stuart has a Lightweight and I have a Series I Confortevole.

Ciao
Greig

Attachments

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
FYI, I believe new AlfaBB members cannot send or reply to PMs before they have a minimum of 10 posts or so (a measure that was introduced to prevent spam attacks).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts