Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Alfabb,
I drive a 1994 Alfa Romeo 164 LS automatic. I was wondering if anyone knows about performance upgrades that make sense for a 20 year old car to get more power. I have the automatic transmission if that matters. I have been driving it for almost 2 and 1/2 years now nonstop to and from school. I have a Stebro exhaust system on the car. However, Stebro's website is offline for the third time now! I was wondering if anyone does performance upgrades to the engine or exhaust/headers for it. I have been searching for a year for a company that does headers and exhaust work but no luck. Anyone know good performance wheels that are black and 15/16 inches? I've seen 17's but they are way too big for everyday use. Also, when is a good time to change springs? I have asked my father when was the last time he changed springs and he claimed that he never changed them since he bought them. Is that an issue?
Thanks,
Italiancarnut12

·
Premium Member
9,776 Posts
Headers are as good as they get for a stock or even slightly upgraded 164. There is no need to make them as the company that makes mine for the 12V in Germany tell me they tried it and nothing was significant enough for them or anyone else to make them. The gain was very minimal if anything. We can do something like a chip and the 45mm intake kit I have which produces 40hp with a simple installation. Let me know?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts