Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys

My 3.0 75 requires a new radiator because the plastic inlet connection has cracked right off. I am keen to find something of high quality, better than the OE style.

In Australia, a company called PWR produce high quality aluminium radiators (I think this brand may exist in the US too?), and have a version for the 75 in their catalogue. But it will cost me around AUS$950, delivered, when I enquired.

I have thought about a custom made version by dropping off my current radiator as a template to work from, but I don't have great confidence in any of my local workshops. They usually don't know what an Alfa Romeo is. ;)

So, I have in mind the upgrade version from Alfissimo, which will cost me around US$750, delivered.

Milano Aluminum Radiator ? Alfissimo International

Before I confirm the order, does anyone have any negative opinions of this product? It looks good, 'reads' good, but of course that may not mean it's good! Yes, it's expensive, but less than a PWR one. I am generally happy to pay a premium for a good product that is convenient for me to purchase. In this case, Alfissimo deliver to Australia, no probs; whilst there may be some other good US online stores, they may not deliver over here.

:)

·
Registered
2,984 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your recommendation. Looks like you found a good option.

For me, I prefer to pay the premium for a drop-in radiator without the hassles of even the minor mods required. The issue of electrolysis is interesting, so I'll have a read. :)

I'm going to fit a new thermo switch too. Whilst I haven't owned the car long, and have hardly driven it, I have not noticed the fan kicking it. The whole system will be overhauled though: after a thorough flush, I'll be fitting a new water pump, thermostat, silicone hoses, new expansion bottle, and the new radiator with fresh distilled water and coolant. Phew, that will hopefully ensure reliability.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I have one of those, and it's plug-n-play, if expensive:

We cleaned up the original fan assembly that came from the car, repainted the electric motor and the 'cage' that holds the fan:

Assembled both of them ... (bolts right up)

... aaaaaand it's in! Fired it up, checked for leaks, done.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Nizam. It looks good - I'll be cleaning the fan up too.

There doesn't look like an attachment point at the top for the factory bracket. I figure it's no big deal to be without the bracket? Or I'll see if I can fit the bracket.

I've placed the order today.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I purchased an aluminum radiator from Alfissimo for one of our 164s... Very happy with it,and when the time comes, I will replace the ones in our other cars...

Best regards,

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
There doesn't look like an attachment point at the top for the factory bracket. I figure it's no big deal to be without the bracket? Or I'll see if I can fit the bracket.
Oh, I had to make a new one. It's just a simple "S" bracket" with a 3/8" hole for the M8 bolt to hold it into the factory attachment point. No biggie.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts