Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May not be original factory color (or in 750 timeline) but minus the white I think it highlights the cars design beautifully.

Thanks!
5803783F-E2BA-4554-ACC1-C8788F30939C.jpeg

Reactions: alfaloco

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the thoughts, now just to track the color code down!

·
Administrator
4,145 Posts
The Factory light grey for 750 Sprints was AR706 Grigio Chiarissimo / Light Grey, but it's lighter than that - see picture

These are the other grey's I have on file

• AR-702 Grigio Biacca - Light cream / grey (102 Series)
  • AR-706 Grigio Chiarissimo – Light grey (750 Sprints)
  • AR-716 Grigio Grafite - Graphite grey (750/101 Spiders)
  • AR-724 Grigio Beige - Beige
  • AR-727 Grigio Chiaro Met. - Light grey metallic
  • AR-728 Grigio Medio Met. - Medium Grey metallic
  • AR-735 Grigio Indaco - Grey
  • AR-736 Antracite Inglese - English Graphite
  • AR-xxx Grigio Mare - Light grey (Giulia Spider Veloce)

Ciao
Greig

Attachments

·
Registered
Works in Progress
209 Posts
Certainly not an Alfa color, however, very sharp indeed.
Is that the veloce that was sold by that dealer in Miami?

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Certainly not an Alfa color, however, very sharp indeed.
Is that the veloce that was sold by that dealer in Miami?
Yes, at The Barn.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks you @AlfistiSA.

@mechtild - I think the Stepnose is going to be Bluette so wanting to go a (slightly) different way on this one.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm guessing celeste pininfarina 301, customized by adding some grey...maybe?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Looks very much like Grigio Notte 134 from my 1960s LESONAL Alfa Romeo paint chart. The number is a LESONAL number, not Alfa number. Somebody else may know the Alfa #.
Vince.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
This car looks similar and is claimed to be Tornado Blue.

Now, we all know Tornado Blue is somewhat darker. But lighting can play a lot of tricks on colors. These two photos:

are from the same car.

Type "Giulietta Tornado Blue" in Google Image and you'll see - or any other color name.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Tornado Blue was renamed to Bluette is my understanding....? (can anybody confirm?) And if the white to gray contrast on the car at the top of this thread is accurate, I don't think it is close to Bluette. This is why I suggested Grigio Notte, because of the white/gray contrast appearance.
BTW, color renaming was not at all uncommon. We have a Giulietta Ti factory described as "Blu Francia, formerly known as Blu Helvetia" in it's production description.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great discussion, thank you for the information and pictures.

@jgeorge - I came across that Porsche color as well but I haven’t seen those in person it has a different presentation. Great color, but not quite what I’m going for. Thank you for the reference however.

i checked modern Mini colors, they have some nicely done modern version of classic 60s colors, but no match there.

Mercedes used a similar color on the 190s, not sure if I have to acquire a dog as part of that process though

72508E3C-E278-4E57-A24D-F0F4F63F49FC.jpeg

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I have said this before .............. it is a hopeless take to identify or match "blue" (especially blue) from an Internet picture or any computer screen. You can get a general idea, but will not see exactly what it looks like when it is real paint on real car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Happy to try to help @tdskip - I hope you find what you're after (and maybe get a new dog in the process). I'm pretty sure I've seen that MBZ color (blaugrau DB166) before on a 300SL roadster and it looks great in person.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
@carl750 - Understand and agree, but you have to start somewhere right?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts