Alfa Romeo Forums banner

101 - 120 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Busted!

Ha, that's the first time anyone has "called me" on the HFE thing, and I've been using it for years. This is a car I built from a 1.2 coupe shell to be a street legal vintage racer that's as close to an HF as I could make it (I had a real HF that I bought new, many years back, and I remember all the little details). Since I can't with clear conscience call it an HF, I call it an HFE...as in Ersatz!
Mike

·
Registered
49 Posts
Other Italian car events

I'm a member of FLU (Fiat Lancia Unlimited), and also American Lancia Club. so I try to get to their events. FLU hosts a wonderful Italian car show at Headhouse Square in Philadelphia (yep, right in the middle of Society Hill in downtown Philly) on June 10th, that I plan to attend, and then there is Bella Machina in the Poconos on June 23, which I think is sponsored by the Lamborghini club. I'll probably take the B-24 to them. FLU is a really cool bunch that has lots of events, they are primarily Fiats, with an increasing number of Lancias, but they really welcome all Italian car nuts.
I'm hoping to get back to some racing if I can find the time, and there are lots of great vintage events around.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Timo, did you have that car displayed at the Concorso? I believe my father and I talked to you for a while...we had a 40K miles Scorpion.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Ha, that's the first time anyone has "called me" on the HFE thing, and I've been using it for years. This is a car I built from a 1.2 coupe shell to be a street legal vintage racer that's as close to an HF as I could make it (I had a real HF that I bought new, many years back, and I remember all the little details). Since I can't with clear conscience call it an HF, I call it an HFE...as in Ersatz!
Mike
LOL

just for that, HFE it is!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Excellent, thanks for the details. I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it though, as I'm having a bit of surgery on Friday, and if I'm up and about I might stop by the local AutoX. If I can't make it to the Rally, I'd love to take you up on the offer to stop by at some point and visit. The wine store and the Lancia would both be great! :D

And don't make apologies for the Peugeot, that's a beautiful car. I almost picked one up a year or two ago... but I chickened out. :eek:
James-

Hope you're feeling better. Here's a pic of the Flaminia on the grounds of Radnor Hunt before taking off. The car ran beautifully.

I'll also have it at the Italian Car Show in Head House Square in Philadelphia on June 10. Look forward to meeting you one of these days.

Attachments

·
Registered
883 Posts
James-

Hope you're feeling better. Here's a pic of the Flaminia on the grounds of Radnor Hunt before taking off. The car ran beautifully.

I'll also have it at the Italian Car Show in Head House Square in Philadelphia on June 10. Look forward to meeting you one of these days.
Greg,

Thanks for the 'get well soon' wishes! :) I'm well enough to be working, so I'm certainly well enough to be thinking about Lancias. :D

The Flaminia looks fantastic, and it's excellent that she ran so well. Hope you really enjoyed the day, and I'm sorry I missed it. Seems as though I'm going to miss another event as well....I'll be out of town on the 10th of June! I need to wait for the summer events to be scheduled before I agree to attend friend's weddings....;)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Bump,
An interesting Fulvia turned up at the Elkhart Lake concours yesterday. I didn't take the time to talk with the owner, even though he was around. Good looking car.

Also, I am positive I saw a bright yellow Lancia Integrale Evo on I94 N in Wisconsin between Kenosha and Milwaukee. I don't have a picture because I was on I94 S. Does anyone know of a car like that around here? Maybe it was down from Canada?

I looked like this
http://wspr-racing.com/lancia/integrale/Intergrale.jpg

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
The American Lancia Club roster lists 2 Integrales among the US members--neither of which is anywhere near Wisconsin. It's quite possible that there are Integrales owned by non-ALC members, but probably not very many. It's more likely that it was a Canadian car.

The lovely beige Fulvia belongs to Sam Danenberger, an ALC member from Chicago. It's an S1 1.2 with a 1.3 engine. It's a very nice car and Sam's a very nice guy; obviously representing the Lancia marque well.

And speaking of Fulvia coupes, the October issue of Metropolitan Home has a house in LA, with various rooms designed by various architects and designers. The garage was designed by Koning Eizenberg Architects, and Hank Koning's white S2 coupe is featured in the photos of the garage.

·
Registered
118 Posts
For those of you in the Southern California area who are looking for a fun run on New Year's Day:
There's the so-called "Lentil Soup Run" which leaves from Calabasas, runs through the canyons above Malibu, stops at a park overlooking the ocean, where everyone parks and gets home cooked lentil soup, then down through the canyons, over on PCH, and winding up at at an Alfa lover's house in Topanga where we get to have a nice buffet, and sit among his various classic race cars IN HIS LIVING ROOM!! (yes, the cars are in the living room!)
I did it last year, and even Jay Leno came along in an Ariel Atom.

Here's my Fulvia. Hope I'm not the only Lancia this year!

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Appia at last!

About the time this thread was started, I made a commitment to purchase a friend's Series 3 Appia that was in storage. I finally got to see the car and trailer it home last week. This is my first Lancia and my first berlina. This is a really cool little car! The design and detailing are a delight. I am still waiting on the engine. It is in pieces and will need a rebuild and/or I may be looking for another. From what I've read, the engine looks to be a curious bit of engineering as well.

The car is from South Africa, hence the right hand drive and the best part: No rust!

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
Congratulations!

One of the cool things about Lancias is discovering all of the cool, if sometimes non-mainstream, engineering and design details they built into the cars.

You will have a lot of fun making such discoveries with your Appia.

·
Registered
830 Posts
About the time this thread was started, I made a commitment to purchase a friend's Series 3 Appia that was in storage. I finally got to see the car and trailer it home last week. This is my first Lancia and my first berlina. This is a really cool little car! The design and detailing are a delight. I am still waiting on the engine. It is in pieces and will need a rebuild and/or I may be looking for another. From what I've read, the engine looks to be a curious bit of engineering as well.

The car is from South Africa, hence the right hand drive and the best part: No rust!
WELL Yes it is the best Appia 3rd series, I have always like those cars, my good friend Cory has one I have seen how well enginer the little car is also here is agood friend that has alot parts for this car his name is mike 1-717-292-2962 he has everething you need to make the car run well, congrats adan

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Here's my Fulvia. Hope I'm not the only Lancia this year!
[/QUOTE]

Delightful car, Kraig! I especially like the Campys. I didn't know they made that design for Fulvias.

Greg: What can I say? Your car is splendid. PF coupes are simply a design paragon. Not a bad line on 'em anywhere. :)

Oops. I left out Dave's Appia!! Neat car, Dave. I've got a photo of a beautiful Lancia blue Appia sedan that I saw at the
Laguna Seca races a few years ago. I'll have to dig it out and post it here. Cool, car. And you're right: the technical details of
"real" Lancias are remarkable.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thanks Shaun and Adan,

I read about Cory's Appia in Veloce Today. Reading stories about the Appia kept my interest up while I waited for mine to become accessible. I called Mike last week. He is checking his stock of engines.

101 - 120 of 269 Posts