Alfa Romeo Forums banner

81 - 100 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fantastic! I'm in the Philly area and would love to see her, you planning to attend local car shows? FLU drives?

Best of luck with her, and congrats! :)
James,

The car should arrive next week or the week after. I'm planning on driving it in a benefit rally on May 6 in Chester County for the Philadelphia Orchestra. Algar and Tilson are sponsors.

BTW: Do you know of local shops that provide Waxoyl or related rust prevention service?

·
Registered
883 Posts
James,

The car should arrive next week or the week after. I'm planning on driving it in a benefit rally on May 6 in Chester County for the Philadelphia Orchestra. Algar and Tilson are sponsors.

BTW: Do you know of local shops that provide Waxoyl or related rust prevention service?
Excellent! Do you have any info on where would be a good observation point for the Rally? Or better yet, are they having a car show before or after?

Sorry I have no idea about the Waxoyl service in our area. If you find a place, let me know the details....I might be interested.

Can't wait to see the car! Enjoy its arrival!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Happy new year to all!

We took our Fulvia to the Anti Football Run in Sausalito (Marin County, just north of San Francisco) yesterday.

The event is based on the premise that not everyone wants to spend New Year's day watching football on the tube.

Our snapshots of the event are at:

www.fulviacam.phanfare.com

Regards
Just found this thread and spent a good portion of my morning looking through your excellent pics :D Thanks!

The Anti Football Run looks like a fun way to start the new year.

Don

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Greg,

Congrats on Cory's Flaminia PF Coupe. I drove the car the day before you made the offer and ...

... made my offer a day after you. If I would have been quicker on my feet, I would drive it around SoCal now :)

You got one heck of a great car. Enjoy it.

Coming out of the experience, I am now also a Lancia owner and bought a Flavia PF coupe in Germany, expected to be here early May. I am sure one of many to come ...

Jim, would love to see pics of your Flaminia Sport.

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Greg,

Congrats on Cory's Flaminia PF Coupe. I drove the car the day before you made the offer and ...

... made my offer a day after you. If I would have been quicker on my feet, I would drive it around SoCal now :)

You got one heck of a great car. Enjoy it.

Coming out of the experience, I am now also a Lancia owner and bought a Flavia PF coupe in Germany, expected to be here early May. I am sure one of many to come ...

Jim, would love to see pics of your Flaminia Sport.

Mike
Mike,

I missed a wonderful Lancia myself when I waited too long to make an offer on Jaan Hjorth's Fulvia Zagato 1.2 (#18 of 200). It went to Australia. But in the end it looks like we both acquired great cars. Your Flavia is beautiful.

James, I misplaced details of the Orchestra rally. I'm waiting for a call.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Greg-- congrats indeed!

I saw your car at Jaan's shop the other day (and dare i confess sat in the passanger's seat)-- it's stunning. Cory just sold me his other Flaminia-- and the two cars made the trip up to Jaan's shop together.

I'm thinking of bringing the Flaminia on the lap of Marin this year-- any other Lancias going?

Enjoy the car, Greg!
Guido

1957 Alfa 1900 Primavera
1958 Alfa 2000 Touring Spider
1959 Lancia Appia 2nd series
195? Lancia Flaminia berlina
1975 Fiat 124 Spider

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
I'm planning on driving it in a benefit rally on May 6 in Chester County for the Philadelphia Orchestra. Algar and Tilson are sponsors.

Greg,

If the Flaminia is your first Italian car, you may not know that Algar used to be the US Lancia importer. Living in LA these days, I have no idea where their shop is now, but circa 1970 they were on Lancaster Avenue in Rosemont.

Ed

·
Registered
11 Posts
Excellent! Do you have any info on where would be a good observation point for the Rally? Or better yet, are they having a car show before or after?

Sorry I have no idea about the Waxoyl service in our area. If you find a place, let me know the details....I might be interested.

Can't wait to see the car! Enjoy its arrival!
James,

The Philadelphia Orchestra's Rally begins at 10AM (Registration at 9) at the Radnor Hunt Club, 826 Providence Road in Malvern (closer to Newtown Square, I think). It finishes around 2PM at "Heartwood," just down the road, but I don't know the route. There is a show and reception after.

I'll be keeping the car in a garage behind my Pennsauken, NJ store (Moore Brothers Wine Company). Anytime you'd like to see it, give a shout.

The old Peugeot is parked in front. Still looks great, and I drive it almost every day. Hey, it's almost Italian. Pininfarina did the design.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Alpine 500 Rally (California)

Did the Alpine 500 Rally this weekend in our 67 Fulvia Coupe 1.3.

A great event: 60+ pre75 cars on 630 odd miles of levee roads and mountain driving, with an overnight stay in Lake Tahoe at Frank Sinatra's old stomping grounds.

I hadn't previously driven my Fulvia at altitude, and was very impressed with how strong it was (provided I was willing to keep the revs up).

Some snaps of the event are at:

Regards

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
[QUOTE/]I hadn't previously driven my Fulvia at altitude, and was very impressed with how strong it was (provided I was willing to keep the revs up).[/QUOTE]

This is the wonderful aspect of Lancia cars, they always seem to be at home on high mountains passes. My little old 3rd series Appia Vignale convertible (long since sold) would thrive at the higher altitudes, even over Sierra passes like Tioga and Sonora the car would perform very well. It must be Lancia's Torino heritage.

Looks like a wonderful event and your Fulvia looks outstanding! Keep up the great work!

Attached is a pic of my Scorpion

Attachments

·
Registered
883 Posts
James,

The Philadelphia Orchestra's Rally begins at 10AM (Registration at 9) at the Radnor Hunt Club, 826 Providence Road in Malvern (closer to Newtown Square, I think). It finishes around 2PM at "Heartwood," just down the road, but I don't know the route. There is a show and reception after.

I'll be keeping the car in a garage behind my Pennsauken, NJ store (Moore Brothers Wine Company). Anytime you'd like to see it, give a shout.

The old Peugeot is parked in front. Still looks great, and I drive it almost every day. Hey, it's almost Italian. Pininfarina did the design.
Excellent, thanks for the details. I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it though, as I'm having a bit of surgery on Friday, and if I'm up and about I might stop by the local AutoX. If I can't make it to the Rally, I'd love to take you up on the offer to stop by at some point and visit. The wine store and the Lancia would both be great! :D

And don't make apologies for the Peugeot, that's a beautiful car. I almost picked one up a year or two ago... but I chickened out. :eek:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Did the Alpine 500 Rally this weekend in our 67 Fulvia Coupe 1.3.

A great event: 60+ pre75 cars on 630 odd miles of levee roads and mountain driving, with an overnight stay in Lake Tahoe at Frank Sinatra's old stomping grounds.

I hadn't previously driven my Fulvia at altitude, and was very impressed with how strong it was (provided I was willing to keep the revs up).

Some snaps of the event are at:

Regards
Once again, great photos and it looks like a very fun trip. I like the collection of cars. Needs more Lancias though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So you want more Lancias?

My friend Steve left this website up on my computer, so I decided to join up after the Lancia thread. What's in my garage: 54 Aurelia coupe restoration project, 56 Aurelia convert, restored, 66 Fulvia berlina and a 66 Fulvia HFE vintage race car. Owned many others over the years. Had a beautiful 65 Giulia Spyder I sold about 8 years ago that I miss, but have enough Italian to go around, though I'd love to find a Moretti Fiat 850 Sportiva needing some TLC. Got a 60 Bugeye and a 67 Mini Cooper S to hold down the British side, and a 59 544 Volvo ratmobile. I live near Bethlehem, PA. I'll get some photos up when I get broadband in a month or two.
Mike Space

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Welcome to the site/thread, Mike. A B20 and a B24? Very nice. But what's the 'E' in 'HFE'? I don't think I've ever run across that designation in any Lancia literature.

81 - 100 of 269 Posts