Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 60 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I saw a nice original looking Flaminia out on Balboa Island California a few days ago. I saw it a few times being driven around too that morning, but didn't get to talk with the owner. Does anyone know the car?

sorry the picture was taken with my phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
830 Posts
yes I do

I saw a nice original looking Flaminia out on Balboa Island California a few days ago. I saw it a few times being driven around too that morning, but didn't get to talk with the owner. Does anyone know the car?

sorry the picture was taken with my phone.
yes I do his mane is Cory. and he also has another beautiful Appia 3. this particular car when is full restores is a beauty. in the Torino Museum in Italy I saw one. alot of luxury for it'stime.

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
Anti Football Run

Happy new year to all!

We took our Fulvia to the Anti Football Run in Sausalito (Marin County, just north of San Francisco) yesterday.

The event is based on the premise that not everyone wants to spend New Year's day watching football on the tube.

Very good turnout, including a number of Italian cars. One of the organizers, Martin Swig, drove his recently acquired 1925 Lancia. There were a number of front- and rear-engined Ferraris, a few Alfas (including an SZ which I regrettably did not get a picture of), a Miura, and a very low mileage X1/9.

The weather was mostly good, and the route through the Marin headlands was ideal Lancia country.

I also spotted a very nice dark blue Fulvia Sport (Zagato) driving down Bridgeway in Sausalito at the end of the event.

Our snapshots of the event are at:

www.fulviacam.phanfare.com

Regards

·
Registered
1 Posts
I drive a Thema 16V Turbo 1990 model with 75000km on the clock, still has the plastic on the carpets, then I have a Delta Integrale HF 8V 1989 with 89000km. My father drove a Giulia and after that a Giulia Supper and the last one was a 164 V6. My first car i bought was a 1975 Alfetta with a worked motor.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Wow-o, I love those Scorpions! How are these cars to own and drive?

I've heard mixed reviews, but I love the concept and the look! They constantly tempt me....so provide me with justification to buy one! :D :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow-o, I love those Scorpions! How are these cars to own and drive?

I've heard mixed reviews, but I love the concept and the look! They constantly tempt me....so provide me with justification to buy one! :D :D
Those pics aren't justification enough?? Those wheels look great on it.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
echo leader

Like any fiat lancia alfa of the 70's they r woefully underpowered with soft suspension and absolutely dogs to drive. Removing the USA bumpers and struts usually net you around 100lbs weight reduction while drastically lowering the polar moment. C&D once quote the weight @ over 2400lb i weight mine in at 2135 (street car) without really trying. along with the bumpers i took out the pop up head lamps, smog, ac and sound deading. It would be easy getting it under 2000lb for track use.

mine had a 2.0l 42dcnf, 42/82 cames, euro pistons, ansa headers, adjustable pully's and CD ignition.... i would guess around 135-145 crankhp. i g-teched 0-60 [email protected] around 7 sec. stock takes about 12secs. how many cars can you modify that will knock off 5 sec with old school period correct technology?

my first scorp had with same motor without the dcnfs(36dtmr?) and a ported stock exhuast manifold felt much stronger. my hunch is one shouldnt use high duration cams and big ITB carbs without bumping up the compression over 10:1. A common mistake with alfa and fiat owners. you just lose to much low end charge. people cant resisit because the sound and lools of dual webers r irresistable.

I also had koni shocks and various shorter stiffer springs. I took it out to some track events in the SoCal area back in the 90's. I could regularly run down E36 M3,integras, miatas on handling tracks. One event i remember only getting passed by a juiced up MR2 turbo all day. I guessing, becuase the car can corner much harder and have fantastic traction out of the corners, its has the potential to be much faster than 105gtvs with similar mods.

one things for certin is the brakes are awlful. They dont have the thermo capacity for prolong track use and r very front biased. in the rain they are down right dangerous. I took out my boosters, ironcially which are the same as my 69gtv, for better modulation and replace the rear with a bigger 124 calipers. these mods helped only marginally.

scorps-monte are fantastic platforms for tinkerers. kind of wish i still had mine

i'll c if i can scan in pics of my other one

my 2 cents

heres a vid of on an scca scorp breaking the track record of pocano last year

http://www.racerxchronicles.com/Videos.html

ecohen2

wheels r Ronal R1 for alfetta 7x15 98m 15lbs, i believe the is et20. I have a set out on loan so i cant check the et.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Those pics aren't justification enough?? Those wheels look great on it.
Between the pics and davbert's description of their potential.....it just might be. :D

I'd love to find a nice solid one, maybe in the $2-$3k range... I have some research to do! To the interweb!!! :)

You ready to help me turn one into a well-tuned toy, Mind??

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
james

No, problem, i'll do what i can. I may even have some specialty parts laying around the garage still. there really a lot of scorp guru that are much more qualify then me for advice. most of the hot cars are in the bay area.

you should be able to find a nice one for 3K. just look out for rust and no cracks in the windsheild: they r bonded in for chassis ridgitity and are expensive to place. The interior vinyl will outlast a hostest twinky but the plastic trim pieces gets brittle with age and high doses of UV rays. nice thing about my 69gtv...minimal plastic

montehospital in uk have an pretty impressive catalog of go fast parts. i wish they where around when i started with mine.

·
Registered
883 Posts
james

No, problem, i'll do what i can. I may even have some specialty parts laying around the garage still. there really a lot of scorp guru that are much more qualify then me for advice. most of the hot cars are in the bay area.

you should be able to find a nice one for 3K. just look out for rust and no cracks in the windsheild: they r bonded in for chassis ridgitity and are expensive to place. The interior vinyl will outlast a hostest twinky but the plastic trim pieces gets brittle with age and high doses of UV rays. nice thing about my 69gtv...minimal plastic

montehospital in uk have an pretty impressive catalog of go fast parts. i wish they where around when i started with mine.
Great info, thanks! And I appreciate you keeping an eye out for me. :)

Is there a Lancia/Scorp forum in any way like our beloved AlfaBB? I started poking around the web today, and found some nice places (Omicron was interesting), but nothing like the BB...

Maybe there's just a Used Scorpion Buyers FAQ?

Scorpion parts? I am interested and I don't even know what they are yet! :)

Ed
You get first dibs...I'm not so addicted that I'm buying parts for cars I don't yet have. :D

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Scorpion parts? I am interested and I don't even know what they are yet! :)

Ed
bigger carbs, ported intake mani, monte water pump with the bigger impellers. koni's 3 good one, one needs rebuild ( i have parts by truespports and authorized koni service dealer). 2 sets of stiffer springs. breaded stainless brake lines. interior bits I.P., cluster. beta, grill, alfa autodelta campy wheels that look like the ronals but much wider for the back. i think there 10x15's. bigger beta brakes, delta hp street cams for 124 head. spare lancia 130 head.

I not sure when i'll be able to dig the stuff out. theyer all boxed away in storage. let me know if you r interested in particular. too busy with family, work and other car projects at moment.

cheers

db

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm a new member who has just bought Cory Youngberg's ex-Martin Swig Flaminia PF Coupé. A very beautiful black car with red interior, three previous owners and 42k mi. Transaxle and booster just rebuilt. Needless to say, I'm chafing at the bit. It should arrive here in Philadelphia from California in about a month, once it's been through Jaan Hjorth's capable hands. It will be my first Italian car. More nice pictures on his site:
http://www.eddinsmoto.com/
There is also a wonderful Berlina still available.

Greg Moore
1985 Peugeot 505 Wagon (bought new, still immaculate)
1995.5 Audi Urs6 Avant
1965 Honda CB77

Attachments

·
Registered
830 Posts
very nice

I'm a new member who has just bought Cory Youngberg's ex-Martin Swig Flaminia PF Coupé. A very beautiful black car with red interior, three previous owners and 42k mi. Transaxle and booster just rebuilt. Needless to say, I'm chafing at the bit. It should arrive here in Philadelphia from California in about a month, once it's been through Jaan Hjorth's capable hands. It will be my first Italian car. More nice pictures on his site:
http://www.eddinsmoto.com/
There is also a wonderful Berlina still available.

Greg Moore
1985 Peugeot 505 Wagon (bought new, still immaculate)
1995.5 Audi Urs6 Avant
1965 Honda CB77
Congrats very nice car. if you live souther california L.A. you could bring it to the local events like concourse, rallys and many more, then I be not the only one with a Lancia in this events

41 - 60 of 269 Posts