Alfa Romeo Forums banner

241 - 260 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Found this one on mobile.de. This is, IMHO, one of the finest Flaminina Zagatos I've ever seen. It's expensive at E179K but if it's as good as the photos show, it's worth every penny. What a car!

Attachments

·
Registered
830 Posts
Found this one on mobile.de. This is, IMHO, one of the finest Flaminina Zagatos I've ever seen. It's expensive at E179K but if it's as good as the photos show, it's worth every penny. What a car!
calling Mike baum, get a good look

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
For me, on a lust level or for events, the Alpine A110 (make mine a French Blue 1600S, please) is right up there with the Fulvia HF. As a day-to-day proposition, though, the Fulvia is a lot easier to live with.
BTW, "Sandro", thanks for the ride at Best of F&I :D

·
Registered
177 Posts
3 Fulvias at the Pedal Pusher rally this weekend

This last Saturday, the Pedal Pushers (The Pedal Pushers - Home) put on a 150 mile run for interesting old cars over some good roads in the East Bay.

We had three Fulvias at the start: Jeff Barhoum's sharp red Fulvia Coupe, Supercarnitas and his daughter with their new (ex-Jaan Hjorth) and lovely Fulvia Berlina, and my scruffy white Series One Coupe.

I really like seeing a Berlina with a child's car seat in it. What better way to raise a kid?

Lots of other interesting cars turned out. A gaggle of diverse Citroens. Three Jags, representing two very different restoration philosophies. And I've never been on an event with a Nash Metropolitan before.

Alfa had nearly its entire product line from the sixties and seventies represented, with a Junior Zagato, a station wagon, an SS, a Spider, several Berlinas, and a Giullietta cafe racer.

It was a good run.

Our snaps are up at Fulvia cam

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Nice pics as usual Shaun - though I think you got the adjectives backwards: My car = scruffy, your car = sharp :) And I recorded closer to 200 miles from the starting point to the beginning of the Bay Bridge?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nice pics as usual Shaun - though I think you got the adjectives backwards: My car = scruffy, your car = sharp :) And I recorded closer to 200 miles from the starting point to the beginning of the Bay Bridge?
1. All you have to do is look at the pictures to know who takes the scruffy Fulvia prize, and it's me. My winter "to-do" list is long.

2. My odometer reading (which, BTW, seems much more accurate now that I've got the larger Vredesteins on; strange) was also greater than the 158.3 miles shown on the route sheet, but we strayed off route a couple of times for pictures, gas and, um, through creative navigation.

Was great to see you again yesterday! Will you be doing the Anti-Football run (Amici americani: Event Schedule)?

Regards

·
Registered
177 Posts
Great photos, Shaun! You have a nice photo page as well! Thanks for sharing these, it looked like a great event.
Alex, glad you liked them.

If you're not already burned out on Pedal Pusher pix, there are a couple of sets online by other participants (who are also better photographers than Candy or me):

Craig Howell's: 2008 Pullover Rally - The Pedal Pushers Car Club - November 15, 2008, Oakland CA & environs

Ben Buja's: 2008 Pedal Pushers Pullover Rally - a set on Flickr

And I saw that Jeff had his camera with him, so I'm expecting he'll be sharing some shots as well.

Regards

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Ha ha - well - both my cars (and the Ducati for that matter) photograph much better than they actually are. I wish I could figure out how to make that happen for myself! BTW - Next time I lay on the road to take close up photographs of Nash Met's hubcaps - I'll be sure to check for paparazzi lurking in the bushes!;):rolleyes:

Yeah - I'd like to do the Anti-Football run - not sure I'll be in town though. If I am, I'll be there. :)

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
um...yeah - I took photographs...they're on my other computer...most of them are not worth the bandwidth...

I always want to stop to take pictures of other people while driving, but it seems I'm always either bringing up the rear of group or afraid the car won't re-start if I stop in the middle of nowhere!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks Shaun, et al, for the great pictures as always!

It was really nice meeting all of you; very cool to be able to connect real faces to all the photos I'd been ogling over all this time, as well as to the occasional "Whoa, did you just see that?" drive-by sightings.

We did have to peel away early on in the drive, alas. Suffice to say that the little co-pilot was *very* unhappy about having to attend Chinese class that morning.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Rich,

It was good to meet you and your daughter, and to see that the Berlina's in good hands. So thanks for coming out!

And there will be other runs where your daughter will get a chance to take a rally lesson, yes?

Looking forward to seeing you on the road!

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Okay - the handful of photos I took that were worth sharing have been uploaded to my Flickr page - link below...I don't think there is any Lancia content from the rally though...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Okay - the handful of photos I took that were worth sharing have been uploaded to my Flickr page - link below...I don't think there is any Lancia content from the rally though...
Jeff, you're cheating. You're only posting the in focus, well composed shots. If I did that, I wouldn't have anything online at all.

And don't apologize for the lack of Lancia content. Personally, one of the things I really enjoy at events like the Pedal Pushers is the diversity.

Like an aquamarine Metro parked next to a red Fulvia, for instance.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
A shout for the UK Lancia fraternity. Last Friday, Saturday and Sunday the UK Classic Car Show was held at the NEC in Birmingham. Over 1000 cars and 40,000 + visitors. Lancia were one (if not the) best represented marque. Four of the five UK lancia clubs were there (LMC, CLS, Beta Boyz and Montecarlo Consortium) with I think 28 cars in total.

The LMC had a new Delta on the stand (from FIAT) - the first time it has been seen in the UK - which was a big coup, along with a one off integrale (made for a member of the Agnelli family), Don Williamsons' gorgeous 8th Series Lambda Limouisine, Appia Coupe, Fulvia 2C, Kappa Coupe and restored Delta 1300. Various members manned the stand over the weekend ( I was there all Saturday). Being a Fulvia man myself my favourite was this original 1300 Zagato Competitzione (chassis 001909). The drilled shell was something to behold - even the keys are drilled !

More photos can be found here:

2008 Nec ClassicCar Show - a set on Flickr

None of these photos are mine, I forgot my camara so thanks to the respective snappers (Brian Hilton and Tony Harrison) for putting them out to the public.

Attachments

·
Registered
830 Posts
A shout for the UK Lancia fraternity. Last Friday, Saturday and Sunday the UK Classic Car Show was held at the NEC in Birmingham. Over 1000 cars and 40,000 + visitors. Lancia were one (if not the) best represented marque. Four of the five UK lancia clubs were there (LMC, CLS, Beta Boyz and Montecarlo Consortium) with I think 28 cars in total.

The LMC had a new Delta on the stand (from FIAT) - the first time it has been seen in the UK - which was a big coup, along with a one off integrale (made for a member of the Agnelli family), Don Williamsons' gorgeous 8th Series Lambda Limouisine, Appia Coupe, Fulvia 2C, Kappa Coupe and restored Delta 1300. Various members manned the stand over the weekend ( I was there all Saturday). Being a Fulvia man myself my favourite was this original 1300 Zagato Competitzione (chassis 001909). The drilled shell was something to behold - even the keys are drilled !

More photos can be found here:

2008 Nec ClassicCar Show - a set on Flickr

None of these photos are mine, I forgot my camara so thanks to the respective snappers (Brian Hilton and Tony Harrison) for putting them out to the public.
thanks for the pictures, I also have a question no Fanalone's perhaps you should have taken yours Or Martin Cliffe Omicron display any of their cars?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Unfortunately it is not an "open" show. The LMC organising committee decide every year what they would like to show. The trick is to put on an interesting selection without repartition, and there are so many different cars they would like to show but with limited space. Last year amongst others we had a Flaminia SS, Dilambda, S1 Fulvia Coupe, in 2006 my fathers Aurelia was there, a Theta, as S4 stradale, and ex-works 037 for example, so it is always a bit of a juggling act for the team who do the organisation and of course a long queue of members who wish to show their cars.

Having said that I haven't seen a Fanalone there for a long time. Unfortunately it wouldn't have been mine as it is only 75% finished so maybe sometime in the future. Next year is the 30th anniversary of the Delta so I imagine they will feature strongly. I would be happy to wait until 2013 for Fulvia 50 - then we could put on a show :D

241 - 260 of 269 Posts