Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a 1978 Lancia Beta from a friend of mine, I pick it up on Sunday. I've not driven it yet but I'm looking forward to it.

Here's are some pictures of it from last spring, I'll post more when I pick it up:

Edit: I should have posted this in the "Other Italian Cars" forum.. ehh, what're you gonna do..

·
Registered
787 Posts
nice!

you see beta's very occasionaly here in adelaide. theyre supposed to be a great little car - i once had a 2 litre fiat brava - and they have basically the same engine but rwd. is it an 1800 or 2000? the 1800 is much nicer balance (quite revy) the 2000 looses a bit of the revs for more torque. seems they have added HUGE bumpers where you are compared to the ones you see around here....very nice car

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Freddie said:
Very nice my friend. What are those black things on the front bumper between the lights. Are they standard in USA or after market.
Headlamp washers, or perhaps those aftermarket deer/animal whistles, that supposedly scare the beasts off the road??

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I drove it 60 or so miles home today, I love it! It drove great, no mechanical problems whatsoever.

The things on the bumper is for deer, yeah. We have deer up here, moose, etc. I might take them off, I don't know. They don't bother me and I don't know how cleanly they'd come off.

They're Abarth center caps.

Some pictures:

The previous owner added the "Italy" stickers on the fender. Once again, I don't know how cleanly those would come off.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Very cool looking car! If you get a chance, could you post some interior photos? I would think the stickers would come off fairly easily without leaving any marks. It looks like they weren't there in the photos you took last spring so fading should be an issue. And yeah, you should attempt to take them off - it will look a lot better. :D

Are the deer things screwed on? If so, you could probably fill the holes with a rubber cap or a small bolt. Like the stickers, they aren't doing the car any favors. :p

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
then again, hitting a deer wont do you any favours either!! Nice purchase, keep her away from moisture or it will bubble up before your very eyes.

I've only ever seen one Beta without rust all over it.

·
Registered
454 Posts
alfa 75 88
Congratulations on your purchase.
I own a 1977 Beta HPE 2000 (the car is original but in need of restoration).
My latest purchase is the 5cylinder 2lit 20v turbo thesis Emblema.190hp,capable of 245km/h.A great and silent mile eater,fully loaded with any kind of equipment.A real MB E200 and BMW 525 beater.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
GTV116- unlike most people, I really like the Thesis!

TX907- any pictures of your car?

Mark- I saw those.. unfortunately that's not in the budget right now. I really like them though, they look great.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Fulvia Coupes

Alfa75:

What is your opinion of the Fulvia's on E-bay? I don't know
much about them, other than an article in Hemmings etc..

Mark

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
There was a gorgious Fulvia that sold on Ebay a couple weeks back. .On eis definitely in my (distant) future. Just love 'em.

My first car was a '76 Beta Coupe. Wonderful driving car. Wish my parents had been more active in teaching me to respect it. Wish I still had it today. Traded it for a "boy racer" CRX. The CRX was a great car and much faster, but the Lancia was just a sweet drive. My dad had all the smog stuff off, a performance air cleaner on it, Koni shocks and an Abarth exhaust. It sounded absolutely awesome, like a baby Ferrari. I remember sitting in class one day and a guy who was in to muscle cars was like "man, that thing sounds MEAN! It's just built for speed, isn't it!?!". LOL - I had to admit to him that it did the 1/4 mile in about five minutes! Once it was up to speed it really maintained it though......kicke butt in the snow, too.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Sigh....someday...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Owned a pair of Lancias, a frame-off restro of a 1976 Lancia Scorpion, and a Lancia Beta.

Both a blast to drive, and both not owned long enough.

1 - 20 of 269 Posts