Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Jules in Sidney (Thanks, Mate!) I now have the e-mail address of the guy in Australia who makes the perfect replica of the GTV-6 Grand Prix fenders, side skirts and front and rear bumper covers. Its called a "Serpent" kit by the maker, but has nothing to do with the US-based Serpent Auto Sports.

If you don't know, this is just the most beautiful GTV-6 ever, and unlike the other body kits out there (Zender, Lester, etc., it is authentic Alfa -- although this would be a reproduction of the real Alfa parts and not real Alfa parts).

Now the last time I tried to get as set of these, it was several years ago, and he was busy getting married, so I was just an annoyance to him then. Also, I expect that he was concerned that the cost of shipping would be way to high for me.

To address both these concerns, I am wondering if anyone else in the US would be interested in buying one of these with me, so that we could make respectable order and save on shipping. I don't have any idea on pricing now, because I want to start the log rolling over here before I bother the guy down under - although if he reads this post and wants to chime in, please feel free.

Here are some pictures of what I'm talking about:

Rex

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
yeah, best kit, and the only one that looked right on the GTV IMO. I would be interested, but alas, live in UK, not USA:(

·
Registered
256 Posts
Depending on price and shipping costs, I would be very interested. Especially if I can find someone that wants the current Maratons kit on my car.

I have a few very good contacts down under and I know that they would help if possible on this. One of them has imported full GMC motorhomes to Australia from the US.

Marcus

·
Registered
6 Posts
Serpent Kit

I to would be interested in this kit,although I live in Canda shipping to my family in Virginia would be fine for me.
Keep me posted.
Jim

·
Registered
75 Posts
I can help with shipping iex Australia f you go ahead with an order. I am a director for an International freight forwarder with offices in Melbourne and Perth and agents elsewhere.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hay i live in australia, 5 hours from sydney and i would be quite interested in this kit, could you please give me the details of this fella so i can contact him.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Me too!

I'd be keen too - I spend some time in the West Isles for work, so could just bring back a kit as hand luggage. OK, I'll need big hands, but you get the idea. Would you mind forwarding his details to me as well via PM?

Oh, and are they SZ wheels? Or did somebody already ask that...

Cheers!
Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, that's just how desperate I am... ;)

Seriously, since Zender kits are very hard to come by, and the kits made by Lester look so-so, and Maratona's too much for me; I'm basically "stuck" hunting Grand Prix kits... or replicas, that is.

//Reidar
Swiiiden

GTV6 '83 3.0 12v

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well, since you have opened the thread again maybe Rexcars will reply...or send him directly a new message. Depending on cost, I'd still be interested.
Rob Mocas

·
Registered
326 Posts
Who wants a kit ?

I live in OZ and have the contact details for Serpent Kits.

I am just about to buy a kit, I can arrange a group buy.

John

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Me Too

My car is just about to go to the body shop. Please let me know what the deal will be.

Rex

1 - 20 of 45 Posts