Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we have this forum I thought I might give it a go,I have a 69 Berlina 1750 race car I bought some years ago and now I don't really know what to do with it.
It has a solid looking full roll cage which is unfortunately homologated to T&C rules which means it can run in AA events. Fibreglass bonnet and boot, old race seats, for an Alfa no rust, in reasonable cond all round, its still road registered , I have standard front seats and steel parts. It was great fun to drive, better than teh coupe actually but 100KG heavier and not as sexy so when I needed a gearbox for the coupe the Berlina became imobile. And has stayed that way, in the meantime lots of other projects.
To gain a little space and not have it looking acusingly at me all the time I would like it out of the way, at the momment the it looks like the easist and most lucrative thing to do would be to strip out the mechanical bits, put the cool dashboard on the wall and sell the body for scrap but that does seem a pity. Any interest - comments whatever, pic of me in action in Tauranga.
Ciao
Hans

Attachments

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Should be some interest in NI for it. Friend of mine who bought my Alfasud Ti sold his 2 litre Berlina , complete & mobile of course, on Trademe within last 3-4 months for $4500 - in non rusty but not great condition as ex racing car. I was surprised at the activity on it. Ended up being driven up to Auckland.

Richard J

`65 Giulia Ti, `69 GT Junior, `74 GTV 2000, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV, `84 GTV6

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hans,
I am still keen. Now that my coupe is finished, I need another project/money pit.
I'll call you to talk about $$.
Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
135 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmm, maybe. But a race car!! Doesn't everyone need one?
Merry christmas and all that, Darren are you around over the holidays?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts