Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(from carburetor forum)

I need to replace the throttle linkage bushing (located near the firewall and the starter) on my 70 GTV. I've managed to eliminate the linkage ball and most of the rubber filling containe in the bushing itself. I am now left with the outer metal shell of the bushing almost fused in the throttle linkage end.
I am hoping to find a way to extract the remaining metal shell of the bushing without resorting to uninstalling the whole of the throttle linkage unit (and the gas pedal?). Has anyone managed to extract the bushing with the throttle linkage on the car? Thanks for your help, James :confused:

This is a link to the bushing in question - number 5
http://www.my-alfa.com/en/ersatzteil...pedalerie.html

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,471 Posts
If you get it out you still have to put a new one in. That is much easier with the linkage on the bench. I made a new bushing out of some nylon stock which worked rather well.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help. Ultimately I had to disconnect and pull out the throttle linkage unit. I was unable to remove the linkage from the car since it seemed that the brake booster was in the way. However, I managed to maneuver the linkage to allow for the use of a hacksaw. I finally extracted the old bush casing and refit a new bushing with the use of a hand vice.
The entire procedure was far from a walk in the park. And I have to say the amount of work required was highly disproportionate to the cost of the bushing. I'm just glad that this won't necessary for another 40 years.:thumbup:
Cheers, James

1 - 4 of 4 Posts