Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all new here. Does any one have any idea what's up with my Alfa GT blackline. When pulling off its juddering so I thought it was my flywheel, but I noticed the other day that when I'm pulling off my rpm drops till it's almost stalling and that's where the juddering is coming from. If I get my foot down it doesn't do it

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Welcome Qball,
RPM drop? Manual or Selespeed? (The latter I assume as in the manual your foot would do the rpm control, no?)
Don’t know much about Selespeed electrickery, but my son’s 3.2 manual GT had a leaking clutch damper. What this is is a small ‘can’ incorporated into the clutch hydraulic line to dampen any clutch shudder on take-off which would otherwise be felt at the clutch pedal. He tossed it and had a fluid line made up which excluded it, without noticeable downside effect.
Maybe the Selespeed has a similar damper anyway, since it’s basically a manual gearbox with electrically operated clutch mechanism/gear change?
On the manual car, the can is about the size of those (plastic) fuel filters, and easy to spot if you follow the hydraulic lines. Maybe it’s faulty.
Hope that gives you something to consider.
That’s it, I’m afraid. Brain empty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice one pal ive never even heard of selespeed. it did have a new clutch init about 5 years ago (about 15,000 miles) Thanks for that advice any way

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome Qball,
RPM drop? Manual or Selespeed? (The latter I assume as in the manual your foot would do the rpm control, no?)
Don’t know much about Selespeed electrickery, but my son’s 3.2 manual GT had a leaking clutch damper. What this is is a small ‘can’ incorporated into the clutch hydraulic line to dampen any clutch shudder on take-off which would otherwise be felt at the clutch pedal. He tossed it and had a fluid line made up which excluded it, without noticeable downside effect.
Maybe the Selespeed has a similar damper anyway, since it’s basically a manual gearbox with electrically operated clutch mechanism/gear change?
On the manual car, the can is about the size of those (plastic) fuel filters, and easy to spot if you follow the hydraulic lines. Maybe it’s faulty.
Hope that gives you something to consider.
That’s it, I’m afraid. Brain empty.
Forgot to put on here what was up with it if it helps any one, 2 of my brakes were binding got some new calipers on it, it's sorted now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts