Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone have any advice where I can get this rubber peice? It is the long horizontal rubber that runs under rear side window trim and then curls up at the end where it is thicker to block water from getting under there.

Any advice would be appreciated as I need a new one and can't find anyone that has them.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Some have a small return lip and a somewhat square-er cross section which keeps them in place better while installing, and is simply a higher quality part while others only have a simple U cross section, and have little or no dimentional body. Im not sure which supplier has what cross section, but I would check this out .I ordered some from reoriginals and some from centerline about a month ago, but they ended up in a big box so I dont know which one is which.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Chris at Highwoodalfa has these- www.highwoodalfa.com- I think he calls them "plastit trim below windows" or something similar. I have bought these from him and they seem to be good quality, although I have not fitted mine yet. Otherwise any rubber extrusion supplier should have something that works.

Axeman74

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I used a generic rubber from an old auto rubber supplier, it was a simple 'c' profile, and about the same size as the original item. It isn't an exact replica, but it fits ok, does the job, and doesn't look any different to the original.

Any supplier of old auto rubber should have a profile to suit.

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
Is this a part for a later car? I've not seen them on Sprint GTs before. :confused:
I researched this a few years ago and, unfortunately, came to no provable conclusion as these plastic trims are not listed in any parts book that I have. From a direct observation standpoint however, I've not seen them on any Sprint GT either. Nor on any Series 1 1750. However, our original 1971 Series 2 US version 19750 does have them.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I emailed Re-Originals to see, but have not had any luck, so far. Thank Papajam for looking this up. Leave it to Alfa to put them on the car but not refrence them anywhere:)

These were definitly on the 2L 2000 GTV, not sure about the other GTV's.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
I'm pretty sure too I have seen them in the www.highwoodalfa.com catalog...Chis also has the felt ones for the inside (something still on my list to replace) just drop him a line at [email protected] with the picture, and he'll know

1 - 9 of 9 Posts