Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking forward to becoming active with the Italian Car Club of The Southwest, but I'm wondering if anyone local to me (North Dallas/Addison) wants to get together on an informal basis to swap stories and compare cars. Maybe an hour or two in a parking lot somewhere...

Any interest? Very informal.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hi Hooligan,

The ICCSW is having its monthly dinner meeting next Tuesday night in Grapevine so come on by, you are more than welcome to attend. Richard Cross from the Lone Star AROC is usually there and we can discuss things to do this fall. I believe the Ferrari group is planning a toy run in December. The ICCSW also tries to have Saturday morning breakfast gatherings at some interesting cafes around the city, but I do not know if anything is planned. Come on by Tuesday night and lets talk over ideas. Here are the details on the next club meeting.

ICCS meeting Tues. Nov. 20, 2007, 7:30 p.m.
New location: Tolbert's Restaurant , 423 S Main St, Grapevine, TX 76051
(817) 421-4888
Grapevine Texas' Premier Steak, Hamburger, Salad and Chili Restaurant - Tolbert's Restaurant

Anyone else from the Dallas / Fort Worth area is invited to attend. The meetings are very informal and new people and guests are always welcome.

Regards,

Jeff
Dallas

1994 Alfa Romeo 164 LS

·
Registered
169 Posts
Our over-the-top Alfa enthusiast Val is usually in attendance. :D I can't remember all the Alfas he has. Montreal, Junior Zagato, spider, Callaway, Milano...

We will have a get-together at Bob's house 12/1 to look over his Fiat project and enjoy coffee and donuts. Probably go to lunch afterwards.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi to both of you,

I don't think I'll be able to make this week's meeting in Grapevine... I don't think I could get there in time.

Thanks though! Definitely interested in the 12/1 GTG....

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just bringing this to the top... I wasn't able to make either of the meetings mentioned here. I'd love to just get together to shoot the breeze and take a short drive. Always fun to talk Alfas with someone. I'm new to the area (lived here for the first 18 years of my life and moved away for college and beyond, but it feels like a different city now).

Let's plan something for a Sat/Sun afternoon in December!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hi Hooligan,

December is filling up very quickly with most of my Saturdays already spoken for. I still have two small children at home and have a cub scout meeting this Saturday. If you have time, check out ferrarichat.com and go to the Texas listings and get information on the December toy run. It looks like a lot of fun and is this Saturday (December 8th). This is a charity event and all Italian cars are welcome to participate. I have been told that they basically split up into two groups, one that tends to obey the speed limites and one that tends to be a bit faster so do not worry about your Alfa not being able to keep up. They are wonderful folks and some of them own Alfa's as well. I wish I had time this weekend to participate.

Take care and let us know if you make it out for the run.

Jeff

·
Registered
97 Posts
Possible together with you all in the spring

Hi guys,

I'm out of the country at the moment but wanted to drop a line to say hi. I'd like to meet up with you all when I get back next spring. I've lived in Dallas for at least 10 years and have had Alfas ever since then. Right now I have 2 gtv6s. An immaculate silver and a black 3.0 gtv6 that I need to do an engine transplant to.

Anyway...hola!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts