Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1991 alfa romeo 164 3.0 v6 12v and i was wondering if there are any bodykits available for this model? I’m new in the community but i have already had 2 different alfas but this one is really rare to find parts for.

·
Push hard and live
11,032 Posts
What's wrong with the body? It looks pretty good in your pic.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Only body kit I would put on would be the skirts from a QV. Aftermarket stuff doesn't work on this car, usually they make the car look ugly.

·
Push hard and live
11,032 Posts
I had an 86 Spider QF. Found myself disgusted by the skirts and spoiler.

As a rule, Alfa gets the initial design right. After that..,, Oops.

·
Registered
93 Posts
For the 164 there are also Zender skirts, very rare. Just like 75Evo mentioned, i would go for QV skirts.
Contact me Jarne (i'm from holland).

·
Registered
93 Posts
Great color the Blu Lord (438), this was only for the first serie 164. There is another one in Holland, thats a TS.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I picked up a Zender rear spoiler for my 164, along with a spare bootlid with pre-drilled holes, but have never fitted it to the car. My alfa friend made a very good point: "They call it a spoiler for a reason." Yes, some 164's are fitted with such a spoiler and it looks OK but I've just debaged taken off the T.Spark rear badge on the bootlid fitted to my V6 24v and enjoy the mystery people now face of what version the car is. Have driven mine above an indicated 145mph more than once, including through a windfarm near Berlin, and is totally stable at such speed so the standard aerodynamics obviously work very well. Why risk ruining them?

·
Premium Member
16,709 Posts
The rear spoiler has little effect on direct airflow if you are thinking of a wing or flap. What it is likely intended to do is reduce the backward airflow coming up from the rear of the boot up onto the boot lid and up the rear window, as confirmed by wind tunnel testing. That reverse airflow is detrimental to the overall drag of the car by causing more turbulence at the rear of the car as the airflow separates sooner higher up on the rear window.

Most cars these days have a small lip or spoiler on the rear of the boot to reduce this separation, thus reducing drag slightly, vehicle drag and fuel mileage being all important these days.

·
Administrator
14,476 Posts
Body kits ... not right for the elegant 164, maybe a 75/Milano

Pete

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not that the car is ugly now but i would like to have a more sporty look like for example indeee the zenderbody or a qv body, but just need the bumpers and sideskirt a spoiler isn’t necessary, a lipspoiler something i’ll maybe add

·
Premium Member
1991 164L
27,582 Posts
I bought a 1991 alfa romeo 164 3.0 v6 12v and i was wondering if there are any bodykits available for this model? I’m new in the community but i have already had 2 different alfas but this one is really rare to find parts for. View attachment 1677336
IMHO looks like you have the correct body kit already. I took the S (QV) "spoiler" and rear deck lid off my S and added 164L hole free deck lid like you have on yours. I moved the S third brake light from deck lid and put it inside rear glass between rear speakers. Does your Euro 164 model have that 3rd brake light already in your rear glass? The QV (USA S/Q models) have rear deck spoiler, wider/lower front and rear bumpers and side skirts which look OK if you like them. I was OK with look once I removed rear Spoiler.

I always wanted a special made lip spoiler on rear deck lid but never could find one for sale.

·
Premium Member
16,709 Posts
With the light champagne color of our 94 LS, that light color kinda made the trunk/boot look somewhat bulbous. We both thought that, so I added the S spoiler, and that broke up that bulbous look. Some obviously don't like it, but we both thought it made the rear of the car look a little better. With darker colors , say power green, the trunk looked better, smaller, less bulbous. In fact, we thought that darker colors on the 164 seemed to make the car look smaller overall.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Steve,
The european models don't have a third breaklight, there where only some that used aftermarket stuff and putt on the rearwindow.

On my white i have the Zender spoiler but without 3rd breaklight. a few years ago i had the Super spoiler version, i didn't liked it on my first serie 164.

My white one has the Zender kit and the TB the QV/S kit.

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Only setup i would ad is Zender or Qv skirts.
Lester has a kit to, but not my cup of thee....

·
Premium Member
16,709 Posts
Ack

Reactions: jeffb99tx

·
Registered
93 Posts
This is a complete make over, there should be a punishment for that.

Reactions: AlfaHeida6
1 - 18 of 18 Posts