Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Alfa racers Coming To Texas?

Are there any Alfa based racers competing in the upcoming LeMons race on November 14 and 15th at MSR Houston, Angleton TX?

If you are, we'd like to come watch and see how it's done.

My friends and I eyeing the possibility of running an Alfetta in LeMons. We have a rust bucket (no drive-train) former GTV6 race car and a running 1979 Alfetta coupe.

We figure we'd move the race suspension from the GTV6 to the Alfetta chassis (which would let us use five bolt GTV6 wheels) and keep the SPICA 2L Nord motor. This way the brakes and suspension pieces will be "stronger" than the engine. This should led to reliability??? The Alfetta already has a Milano transaxle which should also help out on the reliability front.

Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Alfettas are great in Lemons. We won our class back when they had us in "C". Ever since then every Alfa has pretty much been in the "A" class.
Check out this thread as this discussion has been going for quite a few years and there is a lot of good info. We now run a GTV6 with a 164Q motor that puts down some good HP but really burns thru the fuel.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/motorsports/166507-lemons-chump-problems-3.html

If you PM me your phone number I'd be happy to discuss how we have our car set up and the tricks we've learned. Between Brian, Greg and I we've learned a lot the hard way and I can help you avoid most of the problems we had.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts