Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Owner of 1985 Spider Veloce in Marlboro, NJ (Monmouth County) here. Looking forward to finish the summer off with my Alfa. Mike at Col-Gen Motors in Newark has been providing much needed servicing on the vehicle and is an excellent resource for repairs, upgrades, etc.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey, i thought i was the only alfa owner in the brick area! I actually just towed my alfa at colgen motors today to take care of many overdue items. Never used them before, but after reading this forum decided to give them a shot.

I would like to have a show/cruise/greet with my fellow alfisti in nj! Hopefully colgen wont keep it long. Jt are you referring to future classics in lakewood? Been there many times! Any time in sept that people are up for A group meet im in!

·
Registered
104 Posts
They will do good work all of the major work I have had done to my 88 grad has been their.
Spent around 6k with them in 2 years on all that overdue and have a nice car.
Only once was their a problem on a oversite of something not being just right but I never told Mike witch is wrong I should have but working sales,customer service I just don't like to complain.
Good luck
I am in for a group meet in Sept.
Mike

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hey, i thought i was the only alfa owner in the brick area! I actually just towed my alfa at colgen motors today to take care of many overdue items. Never used them before, but after reading this forum decided to give them a shot.

I would like to have a show/cruise/greet with my fellow alfisti in nj! Hopefully colgen wont keep it long. Jt are you referring to future classics in lakewood? Been there many times! Any time in sept that people are up for A group meet im in!
Yup, Future Classics, thats where I work. Any day its been really nice (like yesterday and today) I've been driving it to work. Stop in and say hello. I am here every Tues-Sat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finally reunited with my first love...

After nearly a year when she was taken away from me, I was reunited yesterday with my 1985 Spider Veloce. I put in a half day at work in lower Manhattan and headed over to Col-Gen Motors where I found Mike putting the finishing touches on my vehicle and detailing it for final delivery. Here are some pictures taken at the shop and on the road. Hoping to head down to the beach with it next week when the kids are back in school...yay!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Are people posting on this thread aware that Alfa Owners of New Jersey is a formal chapter of the AROC? We certainly have activities throughout the year, and members from the New York and even the Delaware chapter join us, like the upcoming tour (which, unfortunately is now full)...

Best regards,

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
These events should be posted here for all to know. Some of us are recent Alfa owners and not a member of the club yet. I will be sending in my membership though.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Mike - when do you want to take the car out? Wine Festival at Allaire Park this weekend would be a nice place for everyone to gather.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
How do you get on the invite list?
Mike
Typically, at the time you join AROC you also choose the chapter(s) you wish to be affiliated to. Then, the national office forwards your contact information to the chapter(s) you chose.

We just need your e-mail address... If you send it to me, I will be glad to pass it on so that you are on the list. The chapter e-mail list is really how members are notified of activities, so you do want to make sure you are on the list.

Best regards,

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Typically, at the time you join AROC you also choose the chapter(s) you wish to be affiliated to. Then, the national office forwards your contact information to the chapter(s) you chose.

We just need your e-mail address... If you send it to me, I will be glad to pass it on so that you are on the list. The chapter e-mail list is really how members are notified of activities, so you do want to make sure you are on the list.

Best regards,
I think Mike is confused. He is a paying member of the site but not an AROC member. I am sending in my membership to become an AROC member myself. It would be nice if some other NJ AROC members would post events on the site as well. It may draw new members to the club by seeing there are events. If I solely went by this forum, I would have never though of joining since there is little activity here.

It seems I have drawn up some interest with other members about a gathering but when I started a whole new thread, no one posted.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I thought I did join the NJ chapter when I joined but that was 2 years ago all the excitment and all.
Enrique we have exchanged e mails in the bast and you pointed me to Col Gen.
My e mail is [email protected] please add me to the NJ chapter mailing list and advise if their is a fee to pay.
It would be great to meet other owners and see other cars.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
took a drive today in the alfa to meet JT at his classic car dealership in lakewood.

hope to be driving with him soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Lambert - It was nice to meet you in person. Hopefully next time we can have a few other Alfa guys to come as well. I'll get the coffee ready for everyone.

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
Lambert - It was nice to meet you in person. Hopefully next time we can have a few other Alfa guys to come as well. I'll get the coffee ready for everyone.
thanks JT, that would be great to get together soon.

next time i will give you more notice so i can check out your great ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
1990 spider

I'm in the Toms River area and am always looking for a good Alfa Mechanic. I usually attempt to fix any problems myself. Right now the car is up on a lift while I attempt to replace rear axle bearing & seal.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts