Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

New to this, but what are, if any, differences between a 2000 Touring and 2600 Touring metric factory steel(Fergat) wheel.

Thanks - Mark

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
The parts manuals indicate there must be a difference between 102 and 106 wheels, as they have different parts numbers (see pages below).
However, the wheels have the same 5 x 4-1/2" bolt pattern and are generally considered to be interchangeable.

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
I believe the difference is that the 102 wheels have studs on the inside for washer style balance weights, and the 106s don't. Otherwise completely interchangeable.

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
They both had the balancing studs (the wheel balancing washer 102.00.28.113.00 "rondella per equilibratura ruote" is shown in both parts catalogs).

·
Registered
414 Posts
Strange...none of the three 2600s I've owned had the studs, but both sets of 102 wheels I have do. Everything else seems identical.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Holes may look different

While I cannot recall which is which and use them interchangeably I have been told (and have noticed) that one model has "D" shaped holes, and the other oblong holes. Work just as well, one or other. In Washington it is now illegal to use lead weights to balance tires. The studs and washers have always worked, but most tire balancers are not used to them. What is nice with Michelin 165x400 tires is that they last so very long once they are balanced

·
Registered
183 Posts
The biggest difference is in the pattern of the wheel centre.
The centre of 2000 wheels do have a star shaped pattern and the 2600 wheels do have a more flattened centre shape.
The described hole shape sounds more like the shape of the 750- and 101-series wheels. Fergat wheels have the fish mouth holes Ans the steel Borrani wheels do have oval holes.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The data sheet gives a false picture for the 106 wheels.
It looks like I am à bit of a know it all, but this I know 99,9 percent for sure!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts